Price as Reviewed:£449.99
Samsung’s NX100 is impressively compact and stylish, while maintaining the APS-C-size sensor found in the NX10
The size and style of Samsung’s NX100 means it resembles a compact camera rather than the DSLR styling of the NX10.
The NX100 maintains the APS-C-size sensor in its svelte body, so its most direct competition is the Sony NEX5.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF2 is slightly smaller and the Olympus Pen E-P2.
It is very similar in size to the NX100, but both these cameras have a Four Thirds sensor.
While the NX100 has a bigger body than the NEX5, the NX100’s i-Function lenses are slightly more compact.
The NEX5 has 1080p HD video and perhaps a few more features than the NX100, but as far as image quality is concerned the NX100 just has the edge.
- Video: 1280x720, 640x480, 320x240 pixels (at 30fps)
- White Balance: Auto, 7 presets, Kelvin, plus custom setting
- External mic: No
- Built-in Flash: No. Optional SEF20A and SEF15A available
- White Balance Bracket: Yes
- LCD: 3in AMOLED with 614,000 dots
- Output Size: 4592x3056 pixels
- Viewfinder Type: N/A. Optional EVF with 201,000 dots, approx 98% field of view and -4 to +1 dioptre adjustment
- Memory Card: SD and SDHC
- Shutter Type: Electronically controlled focal-plane shutter
- Focal Length Mag: 1.5x
- Sensor: 14.6-million-effective-pixel CMOS sensor
- Exposure Modes: Program, shutter priority, aperture priority, manual, smart auto
- Weight: 282g without battery or card
- Power: Rechargeable BP1310 Li-Ion battery
- File Format: Raw, JPEG, raw + JPEG simultaneously
- Shutter Speeds: 30-1/4000sec in 1⁄3EV steps plus bulb
- Colour Space: Adobe RGB, sRGB
- Drive Mode: 3fps in JPEG mode up to 10 shots and 3fps in raw mode
- Exposure Comp: ±3EV in 1⁄3EV steps
- Lens Mount: Samsung NX mount
- RRP: £449.99 (with 20-50mm kit lens)
- ISO: 100-3200
- Focusing Modes: Manual, single-shot AF, continuous AF and face detection, AF points: 15 or up to 35 in close-up mode, auto or manual selection possible
- DoF Preview: Yes
- Dimensions: 120.5x71x34.5mm
- Metering System: Multi-segment, centreweighted and spot
- Connectivity / Interface: USB 2.0 Hi-Speed
- Compression: 3-stage JPEG
- Tested as: Compact System Camera