Price as Reviewed:£299.99
Nine months on from its ‘noisy’ predecessor, the CX2, Ricoh’s CX3 turns its attention to noise reduction
There is a lot to like about the CX3, such as its classic design, intelligent focusing and 10.7x optical zoom.
Yet despite the impressive automatic exposure modes, I was frustrated by the lack of manual exposure controls.
That said, the improvements in handling noise make this a camera that performs as handsomely as it looks.
- White Balance: Auto, 6 presets and manual
- Output Size: 3648x2736 pixels
- Memory Card: SD, SDHC
- LCD: 3in, 920,000-dot VGA
- Exposure Modes: Program AE
- Sensor: Approx 10-million-pixel back-illuminated CMOS
- Weight: 206g (including battery and memory card)
- Lens: 28-300mm (equivalent)
- Power: Rechargeable DB-100
- File Format: JPEG, CIPA multi-pic format, AVI movie
- ISO: 80-3200
- RRP: £299.99
- Dimensions: 101.5x58.3x29.4mm
- Focusing Modes: Manual, multi AF, spot AF, face-priority AF, continuous AF, multi-target AF
- Metering System: Multi, centreweighted, spot