Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60
Price as Reviewed:£349.00
An 18.1-million-pixel sensor and massive 30x optical zoom range, plus Wi-Fi, GPS and raw image capture, suggest that the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60 could be one of the best travel compact cameras produced. But can it live up to our expectations? Read the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60 review...
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60 review – Our verdict
With a new body design and quality construction, the TZ60 feels like a far more serious camera than the TZ40. The menus are navigable and, once custom function buttons are set up, the camera is very easy to use despite the lack of a touchscreen. The EVF is of a low resolution, but it is still good enough to use for composition and with the advantage of giving users steadier shots when handholding.
As with many cameras with this sensor size, image quality and low-light performance are a real issue. At high ISO sensitivities, images have little detail and JPEGs are heavily processed. However, for small-scale prints or web use, the ISO can be pushed to 1600 without a problem and anything shot below ISO 400 returns good images.
One thing for sure is that the TZ60 is packed with great features. The GPS is very handy for the travel photographer and the Wi-Fi functionality is class-leading. Raw image capture also should broaden the TZ60’s appeal to a wider market. The extensive focal range of the 24-720mm lens is suitable for everything from landscapes to wildlife, and for the casual photographer or the amateur enthusiast it is a great camera for a multitude of situations.
Trying to choose between the TZ60 and TZ70? Read the What Digital Camera Panasonic Lumix TZ70 vs Panasonic Lumix TZ60 comparison
- White Balance: Automatic, 4 presets, two custom
- Output Size: 4896 x 3672 pixels
- LCD: 3in, approx 920,000-dot TFT LCD
- Sensor: 1/2.3in (6.17 x 4.55mm) CMOS sensor with 18.1 million effective pixels
- Exposure Modes: PASM, 18 scene modes, 15 filters in creative control and panorama
- Weight: Approx 240g (with battery and memory card)
- Power: Li-Ion battery pack 1250mAh with 300-shot life
- Lens: Leica DC Vario-Elmar 24-720mm (equivalent) f/3.3-6.4
- Colour Space: sRGB
- Drive Mode: Single, 5fps with continuous AF, 10fps in single AF, 40fps or 60fps at 5MP and 2.5MP respectively, self-timer
- Shutter Speeds: 4-1/2000sec, 15secs or 30secs in starry sky mode
- File Format: Still: JPEG, raw. Video: MPEG, AVCHD
- RRP: £349.99
- ISO: Auto, ISO 100-3200 extendable to ISO 6400
- Metering System: TTL intelligent multiple, centreweighted, spot
- Dimensions: 110.6 x 64.3 x 34.4mm