Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60
Price as Reviewed:£349.00
An 18.1-million-pixel sensor and massive 30x optical zoom range, plus Wi-Fi, GPS and raw image capture, suggest that the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60 could be one of the best travel compact cameras produced. But can it live up to our expectations? Read the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60 review...
Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ60 review – Viewfinder, live view, LCD and video
Unlike the TZ40, the TZ60 does not have a touchscreen display. Instead, there is a bright 920,000-dot TFT LCD display coupled with a 200,000-dot electronic viewfinder. This has the same specification as the one featured on the Lumix DMC-LF1. Although the EVF has quite a low resolution, it does have a good refresh rate and works well as an aid for composing images. However, checking focus is more difficult as the low resolution makes it hard to gauge whether accurate focus has been achieved.
The LCD on the back can be read even in bright conditions and has a nice viewing angle. Inside the settings menu, the monitor’s brightness can be adjusted to improve outdoor visibility. The yellow, blue, green and red bias can also be altered.
Video can be recorded at up to 1920×1080-pixel full HD at 50i or 50p. The optical zoom can be used while recording and there’s OIS stabilisation for steadier handheld video.
- White Balance: Automatic, 4 presets, two custom
- Output Size: 4896 x 3672 pixels
- LCD: 3in, approx 920,000-dot TFT LCD
- Sensor: 1/2.3in (6.17 x 4.55mm) CMOS sensor with 18.1 million effective pixels
- Exposure Modes: PASM, 18 scene modes, 15 filters in creative control and panorama
- Weight: Approx 240g (with battery and memory card)
- Power: Li-Ion battery pack 1250mAh with 300-shot life
- Lens: Leica DC Vario-Elmar 24-720mm (equivalent) f/3.3-6.4
- Colour Space: sRGB
- Drive Mode: Single, 5fps with continuous AF, 10fps in single AF, 40fps or 60fps at 5MP and 2.5MP respectively, self-timer
- Shutter Speeds: 4-1/2000sec, 15secs or 30secs in starry sky mode
- File Format: Still: JPEG, raw. Video: MPEG, AVCHD
- RRP: £349.99
- ISO: Auto, ISO 100-3200 extendable to ISO 6400
- Metering System: TTL intelligent multiple, centreweighted, spot
- Dimensions: 110.6 x 64.3 x 34.4mm