Casio Exilim EX-FH100
Price as Reviewed:£299.99
The Casio Exilim EX-FH100 can shoot up to 30 nine-million-pixel images at 40fps, has a wideangle-to-telephoto lens, a 35mm focal length equivalence of 24-240mm, a backlit CMOS sensor to help keep noise levels down, sensor-shifting image stabilisation and the capacity to shoot DNG raw files (at ISO 100 and 200)
Although the Casio Exilim EX-FH100’s ability to shoot up to 30 nine-million-pixel images at 40fps is enough to grab the attention of most enthusiasts, the fact that this is combined with a wideangle-to-telephoto lens with a 35mm focal length equivalence of 24-240mm, a backlit CMOS sensor to help keep noise levels down, sensor-shifting image stabilisation and the capacity to shoot DNG raw files (at ISO 100 and 200) makes it even more interesting.
Further good news is that aperture-priority, shutter-priority and manual-exposure modes are available, albeit with just two aperture settings at any given focal length. There’s also an option to record images shot immediately before the shutter release is pressed fully, to help capture unpredictable action, so you can see the decisive moment before you actually shoot it.
Slow-motion video enthusiasts will also appreciate the fact that, as well as HD video (1280×720 pixels at 30fps), the EX-FH100 can record movie footage at a range of frame rates up to 1,000fps (224×64 pixels). Naturally, the video resolution goes down as the frame rate goes up, but full VGA footage (640×480 pixels) can be recorded at 30fps-120fps.
- Output Size: 3648x2736 pixels
- ISO: ISO 100-3200
- RRP: £299.99
- Metering System: Multi-pattern, centreweighted, spot, White balance: Auto, 6 presets, plus custom
- Sensor: 10.1 million effective pixels
- LCD: 3in LCD with 230,400 dots
- Weight: 181g (excluding battery and card)
- Exposure Modes: Auto, manual, plus 25 scene presets (Best Shot mode)
- Power: Rechargeable Lithium-Ion
- Lens: 24-240mm (equivalent) f/3.3-5.8
- File Format: JPEG, simultaneous raw (DNG) and JPEG at ISO 100 and 200, Motion JPEG AVI
- Focusing Modes: Spot AF, Multi AF, Free AF, Tracking AF, Manual Focus, Face-Detection AF
- Dimensions: 105x63.2x29.9mm
- Memory Card: Secure Digital/SDHCC/EyeFi SD
- White Balance: Auto, 6 presets, plus custom