Combining an aluminium tripod with a compact pan-head design, the Vanguard VEO 235AP folds down to 38cm and weighs 1.5kg. Built to carry a load of 3.5kg, it features three different leg angles, and feet that can be converted from rubber to spikes depending on the terrain. The Vanguard VEO 235AP costs £149.99. For details visit www.vanguard.co.uk. Look out for AP’s review of the Vanguard VEO 235AP, due to be published shortly.
Vanguard is proud to announce an exciting addition to our critically acclaimed VEO Collection of travel tripods, monopods, and bags: the VEO 235AP tripod and pan-head kit. The all-new tripod combines an innovative compact pan-head design with a lightweight and sturdy aluminum tripod, making it the easy choice for birdwatchers and photographers on-the-go. For the first time, you can have a smooth panning tripod with you anywhere you go.
Whilst there are many tripods with pan-heads that can be used for travel, there are normally compromises: the tripod is usually too heavy, too long, too bulky, or the pan handle sticks out awkwardly. The VEO 235AP, on the other hand, is optimized for both smooth panning and travel; in use, the pan-head delivers smooth motion, and when you’re ready to pack it up, the handle tucks neatly away. The VEO 235AP model folds down to just 38cm long and weighs just 1.5kg, and yet can still handle a load capacity of 3.5kg. This innovative combination of performance and portability makes the VEO 235AP ideal for mounting your spotting scope, binoculars, or camera on your next birding adventure.
In addition, the VEO 235AP comes with all the great features you would expect from a VEO tripod. These include:
• Patented Rapid Column Rotation, which allows the tripod to be opened and closed by simply rotating the column, eliminating the need to position each leg one by one
• Arca Swiss-compatible quick-release plates mean that the tripod can use any Arca-compatible plate from any brand, saving the hassle and cost of changing plates if you have another tripod
• Three different leg angles and feet, which can be converted from rubber to spikes allow the VEO 235AP tripod to be stable on any terrain
• FREE Low Angle Adaptor which, when combined with the three leg angles, allows the camera to get close to ground level. Perfect for macro photography or unusual angles
• Adjustable leg locks mean that the locks can be tightened (or loosened) over time to extend the life of the product
• Compatible with the VEO37 Messenger bag, truly making this a travel kit fit for any purpose.