Think Tank announces new backpacks aimed at serious photographers.
Targeted at DSLR and CSC users, the Trifecta bags are designed to house three lenses – an ultra-wide, mid-range and telephoto zoom – along with a camera body, with side access so the photographer does not need to take off the backpack first. Photographers have complete access to their gear via the back panel. The Trifector 8 Mirrorless Backpack (£109) is built to carry a medium to large CSC, while the Trifector 10 DSLR Backpack (£124) should take a ‘standard-sized’ DSLR. There is also room for tablets and personal items. For details visit the Think Tank website.
Santa Rosa, Calif
Think Tank Photo’s new Trifecta backpacks, the Trifecta 10 DSLR Backpack and the Trifecta 8 Mirrorless Backpack, are specifically designed for serious photographers’ three workhorse lenses: their ultra-wide, mid-range, and telephoto zoom lenses. Available for DSLR and mirrorless systems, these innovative backpacks sling for side access from both the left and right.
They are the perfect carrying solution for any shooter on the move who doesn’t want to have to take off their backpack to access their gear. The rear-panel opening offers complete access to gear. The slim silhouette is comfortable and appealing, and helps photographers easily navigate through crowds.
Additional features include:
• Dividers convert from right-handed to left-handed access
• Additional top compartment fits lunch or other essentials
• Convert one or both side compartments to fit personal gear or a large water bottle
• Included tripod attachment strap secures a tripod to the front panel
• Stretchable front pocket for a water bottle
• Robust shoulder harness with adjustable sternum strap for all-day comfort
• Contoured back panel provides targeted cushioning as well as overall breathability.
• Top compartment mesh pockets help to organise small items
• Internal organiser pockets give you quick access to filters, batteries, cards, etc
• Seam-sealed rain cover included
• Trifecta 8 Mirrorless Backpack: 1 medium to large mirrorless body with lens attached, 2–5 additional lenses, up to an 8in tablet, plus personal gear. Examples include a Sony Alpha 7 with 70-200mm f/4 attached, 24-70mm f/4, 16-35mm f/4, and an iPad mini or a Canon Rebel t5i [EOS 700D] with a 55-250mm f/4-5.6 attached, 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS, 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, and an iPad mini.
• Trifecta 10 DSLR Backpack: 1 standard size DSLR body with lens attached, 2-4 additional lenses, up to a 10in tablet, plus personal gear. Examples include a Nikon D810 with 70-200 f/2.8 attached, 24-70 f/2.8, 14-24mm f/2.8 and an iPad or a Canon EOS 5D Mark III with 100mm f/2.8L macro attached, 85mm f/1.2L, 50mm f/1.2L, 35mm f/1.4L, 24mm f/1.4L and an iPad.
Exterior: For superior water-resistance, all exterior fabric has a durable water-repellant (DWR) coating, plus the underside of the fabric has a polyurethane coating. It also has 600D twill, YKK® RC fuse zippers, 420D high-density nylon, ultra-stretch mesh, nylon webbing, nylon air-mesh, three-ply bonded nylon thread.
Interior: removable closed cell foam dividers, polyurethane backed liner and dividers, 210D silver-toned nylon, Super-Grip velex, hexa mesh, 2x polyurethane coated nylon 190T seam-sealed rain cover, three-ply bonded nylon thread.
Trifecta 8 Mirrorless Backpack Interior Dimension: 9.4in W x 10.2in H x 4.5in D (24 x 26 x 11.5cm) Exterior Dimension: 11.4in W x 17.7in H x 5.7in D (29 x 45 x 14.5cm) 8in Tablet Pocket: 6.7in W x 9.4in H x 0.4in D (17 x 24 x 1cm) Weight (with all accessories): 2.3lb (1kg)
Trifecta 10 DSLR Backpack Interior Dimension: 11in W x 12.2in H x 5.3in D (28 x 31 x 13.5cm) Exterior Dimension: 12.6in W x 19.3in H x 6.9in D (32 x 49 x 17.5cm) 10in Tablet Pocket: 7.8in W x 9.6in H x 0.4in D (19.8 x 24.5 x 1cm) Weight (with all accessories): 2.7lb (1.2kg)