Photojournalist Don McCullin among ‘masters of photography’ winners at Lucie Awards
August 24, 2016
Don McCullin (pictured) is honoured for ‘Achievement in Photojournalism’.
The US-based awards were set up by the Lucie Foundation to honour ‘master photographers’, as well as discover and cultivate emerging talent and promote appreciation of photography worldwide.
David Clarke, chairman of the Lucie Advisory Board, said: ‘This year’s list of honorees is a veritable roll call of photographic royalty.
‘They have a common gift of tenacity and determination to achieve their vision, which separate the ordinary from the good and the good from the great.’
Lucie Awards co-chair Susan Baraz added: ‘The spectacular Lucie Awards enters its 14th year of placing the art of photography front and centre.
‘This global effort shines a bright light on honorees, some of whom might not be known, but whose images will resonate and remain with you…
‘To me, that is the best part of the Lucies, to discover, or re-discover the powerful impact these image-makers have had in places all around the world.
‘We are so proud and excited to honour them and tell their stories.’
The Lucie Awards presentation ceremony will take place on 23 October at Carnegie Hall in New York.
The other award winners are:
• Rosalind Solomon for Achievement in Portraiture
• Anthony Hernandez for Achievement in Fine Art
• Simon Bruty for Achievement in Sports
• Graham Nash as the recipient of the Double Exposure Award
• Nathan Lyons as the recipient of the Visionary Award
• Tsuneko Sasamoto as the recipient of the Lifetime Achievement Award
• Musée de l’Elysée as the recipient of the Spotlight Award
For more details of this year’s winner visit: http://www.lucies.org/