Only open to photo sector retail workers, the 2016 Pixel Photography Competition is split into five categories: Landscape; Portrait/Fashion; Wildlife; Street; and Monochrome (for the opening dates in each category, see below).
Winners will be invited to collect their prizes at the annual Pixel Trade Awards ceremony in London on 2 December 2016.
Pixel Magazine editor Simon Skinner said: ‘After more than a decade presenting the UK photographic industry awards, we are hugely excited to be extending the format to include the people who really matter.
‘Counter staff are the lifeblood of our sector and their knowledge, passion and expertise are what makes the difference between selling product or not.’
Details of the prizes are yet to be announced.
Judges will include photographer and filmmaker Clive Booth.
Entries must be submitted to pixel.co.uk
Opening and closing dates for each category
1. Landscape: Opening date 13 June. Submissions by 15 July 2016
2. Portraiture/Fashion: Opening date 18 July. Submissions by 19 August 2016
3. Wildlife: Opening date 22 August. Submissions by 16 September 2016
4. Street photography: Opening date 19 September. Submissions by 14 October 2016
5. Monochrome: Opening date 17 October. Submissions by 18 November 2016