The Stellar will cost Euros 1,480 (excluding tax) and comes with a Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* lens (28-100mm equivalent).
Hasselblad announced a tie-up with Sony last year.
The Stellar features a 1.0-type Exmor CMOS imaging sensor.
It will go on sale in stores such as Harrods.
NEWS UPDATE FRIDAY 26 JULY:
A spokesperson for the Swedish firm has confirmed to Amateur Photographer that the Stellar will carry a UK price of £1,548 when it goes on sale in August.
Commenting on the camera, Hasselblad chairman and CEO Dr Larry Hansen said: ‘It has always been my ambition to enable all fans of the iconic Hasselblad brand to have an opportunity to own one of our own cameras.
‘Now discerning enthusiast of beautiful design, ergonomics and advanced camera technology have real choices.’
Luca Alessandrini, director of New Business Development at Hasselblad, added: ‘With Stellar you can be complete photo-novice or can choose to take control of the camera’s features manually.’
The camera comes with an Italian leather wrist strap.
Wooden handle options include walnut and ‘zebra.
Like the Sony RX100, which was unveiled last summer with a £550 pricetag, the Stellar features a 3in, 1.2-million-dot, LCD display.
Some technical spec as supplied by Hasselblad:
- 13.2 mm Å~ 8.8 mm (1.0 type) Exmor CMOS sensor
Number of pixels
- Total number of pixels: Approx. 20.9 Megapixels
- Effective number of pixels: Approx. 20.2 Megapixels
- Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* 3.6 Å~ zoom lens f = 10.4 mm – 37.1 mm (28 mm -100 mm
(35 mm film equivalent)) F1.8 (W) – F4.9 (T)
While shooting movies (16:9): 29 mm – 105 mm*1
While shooting movies (4:3): 36 mm – 128 mm*1
*1 : When [SteadyShot] is set to [Standard]
- Automatic exposure, Aperture priority, Shutter priority, Manual exposure, Scene Selection
- Automatic, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Incandescent, Fluorescent (Warm/White/Cool White/ Day
White/ Daylight), Flash, Color temperature/Color filter, Custom
- For 1080 50i: PAL color, CCIR standards HDTV 1080/50i, 1080/50p specification
- For 1080 60i: NTSC color, EIA standards HDTV 1080/60i, 1080/60p specification
- Still images: JPEG (DCF, Exif, MPF Baseline) compliant, DPOF compatible
- Movies (AVCHD format): AVCHD format Ver. 2.0 compatible
- MPEG-4 AVC/H.264
- Audio: Dolby Digital 2ch, equipped with Dolby Digital Stereo Creator
- Manufactured under license from Dolby Laboratories
- Movies (MP4 format): Video: MPEG-4 AVC/H.264 Audio: MPEG-4 AAC-LC 2ch
- “Memory Stick Duo” media, “Memory Stick Micro” media, SD cards, microSD memory cards
- Flash range (ISO sensitivity (Recommended Exposure Index) set to Auto):
Approx. 0.3 m to 7.1 m (11 3/4 inches
More to follow…