Fast Irix 30mm f/1.4 prime for Nikon F, Canon EF, Pentax K
September 30, 2021
Irix has released a fast Irix 30mm f/1.4 prime lens for Nikon F, Canon EF and Pentax K mounts, based on its existing cine-camera version that’s aimed at the film industry.
The photographic version of the lens has a different housing while retaining the optical properties of the cine version. These include three low dispersion glass elements, two high refractive index glass elements and one aspherical lens. There are a total of 13 elements in 11 groups. Irix claims the new 11-blade aperture with rounded edges also ensures “pleasant and very vivid” bokeh.
The lens employs the same ‘Dragonfly’ external design as its 45mm f/1.4 and 150mm f/2.8 Macro stablemates. As such, it’s said to have a scratch-resistant finish complemented by an anti-slip focusing ring. It’s also weather-sealed, while featuring a characteristic Irix focus-lock function. It will be available from October, with pricing to be confirmed.
Irix 30mm f/1.4 – main features
● Fast f/1.4 Aperture
● Rear focusing
● Weather-sealed construction
● Compatible with PASM semi-automatic modes
● 61.9 degree field of view (on full-frame cameras)
● “Focus Lock” function
● 140-degree rotation angle of the focus ring
● Reinforced internal structure
● 86mm filter mounting front thread
● 34cm minimum focus distance
● 107 x 94mm (length x diameter), 863g
● Mounts: Nikon F, Canon EF, Pentax K