If you’re looking to take your smartphone content creation and videography to the next level, then DJI has introduced the new DJI OM 5 gimbal. Designed to help keep your smartphone more stable when you’re recording video, the gimbal has 3-axis stabilisation, as well as built-in tracking. It has a built-in extending rod, as well as advanced shooting features helping you create timelapse, motionlapse and hyperlapse content. The new gimbal is available for £139.
DJI announces its latest smartphone gimbal for effortless content creation, DJI OM 5
World leader in civilian drones and creative camera technology, DJI, has announced the DJI OM 5 a powerful yet easy-to-operate solution to help users effortlessly elevate their smartphone content creation.
The latest addition to the popular Osmo Mobile series, the DJI OM 5 smartphone stabiliser has been upgraded with a new phone clamp and compact design complete with a built-in extension rod, and is smaller and lighter than any of its predecessors.
Surpassing the possibilities of a traditional smartphone stabiliser, DJI OM5 features DJI’s industry-leading 3-axis stabilisation technology, a brand new ShotGuides feature, and improved ActiveTrack 4.0.
Available in two new eye-catching colors, Sunset White and Athens Grey, DJI OM 5 helps users capture ultra-steady, unique video content with just a few taps.
“With the iterations of the DJI OM smartphone stabilisers over the years, we have been aiming to lower the threshold of professional and high-quality shooting by offering users more accessible and helpful tools for their everyday activities,” said Paul Pan, Senior Product Line Manager at DJI.
“For those who rely on their smartphones, the DJI OM 5 is your ultimate compact, technologically advanced gimbal – any time you want to create footage of your most memorable moments.”
Upgraded DJI OM 5 Design Makes It More Versatile
The gimbal features DJI’s iconic foldable design and packs DJI’s high-grade 3-axis gimbal technology into a portable and compact body, one-third smaller than its predecessor. Whether you’re taking a road trip, making video calls with friends or family, or vlogging your daily activities, the DJI OM 5 will be suitable for all of life’s adventures.
Palm-sized when folded, DJI OM 5 features a newly designed clamp that goes over the smartphone’s case, provides better protection and is compatible with even more smartphone models than its predecessor.
DJI OM 5 also offers an innovative built-in extension rod, which provides dynamic angles and shooting possibilities for content creation. By adding one more button to the handle, users can access and control the core features and functions of DJI OM 5 with more ease.
Master Every Shot
Capture compelling moments smoother with the help of DJI’s 3-axis stabilisation technology, which fully supports walking and sports scenarios and helps to take your content to the next level. For those who are new to videography, you can rely on the new ShotGuides feature which provides up to 30 sets of pre-set shooting tutorials and supports automatic editing into one polished video.
The newly updated ActiveTrack 4.0 now supports tracking at up to 3x zoom at 5 m/s, and precisely identifies and steadily follows the subject centered in frame, even while in action. Other professional-grade features and pre-programmed shooting modes that make your content stand out include:
- Gesture Control: Easily start and stop video recording or take photos by using hand gestures to control the DJI OM 5, perfect for capturing an epic selfie or group footage without a finicky self-timer.
- DynamicZoom: A visually appealing cinematic look, DJI OM 5 automatically adjusts the zoom function to create the dramatic background shift made popular by Alfred Hitchcock.
- Timelapse, Motionlapse, Hyperlapse: Show the passing of time in a sped-up form using Timelapse; Motionlapse, which adds set movement points for the gimbal; or Hyperlapse to physically move with the gimbal. All three modes use Electronic Image Stabilisation (EIS) technology as well as the 3-axis gimbal for an added level of smoothness. Easily share these creative videos on social media for the world to enjoy.
- Panoramas: Choose from three creative panorama options to capture a wider perspective including 3×3 panorama, 240°panorama and “CloneMe” panorama which allows the user to add multiple versions of a person or subject into one shot for a unique and creative effect.
- Spin Shot Gimbal Movement: Activated in the DJI Mimo app and using the joystick, the gimbal will rotate the phone to give a spinning effect.
- Story Mode Templates: Choose from one of the pre-set templates to add a creative spin to your content. The DJI OM 5 uses pre-set movements, music and colour palettes for quick videos perfect for sharing on social media.
- Glamour Effects: Supports automatic retouching and customised parameter settings. Glamour Effects will be automatically activated when switching to the front-facing camera.
The new Fill Light Phone Clamp is a magnetic clamp with a built-in auxiliary light, which comes in handy by adding some perfect glows for your photos and videos and will be your must-have accessory for DJI OM 5. DJI OM 5 is also supported by other useful accessories including a wrist strap, a grip tripod and storage pouch.
DJI Care Refresh
DJI Care Refresh, the comprehensive protection plan for DJI products, is now available for DJI OM 5. For a small additional charge, DJI Care Refresh provides 2 replacement units in 1 year, covering accidents like water and impact damage.
The 2-year plan provides 3 replacement units in 2 years. Other exclusive services of DJI Care Refresh include International Warranty Service, VIP phone service and free shipping. For a full list of details visit: https://www.dji.com/service/djicare-refresh
DJI OM 5 Pricing and Availability
The OM 5 is available in two finish options, Sunset White and Athens Gray, for the retail price of 139 GBP/ from 159 EUR (subject to local taxes) which includes a magnetic clamp, tripod, power cable, wrist strap and storage pouch.
The Athens Gray and Sunset White options are available for purchase today from store.dji.com and will be available in other channels at a later date. The Fill Light Phone Clamp is sold separately for the retail price of 42 GBP/49 EUR. For more information, please visit: store.dji.com
DJI is a global leader in developing and manufacturing civilian drones and aerial imaging technology for personal and professional use. DJI was founded and is run by people with a passion for remote-controlled helicopters and experts in flight-control technology and camera stabilization.
The company is dedicated to making aerial photography and filmmaking equipment and platforms more accessible, reliable, and easier to use for creators and innovators around the world.
DJI’s global operations currently span across the Americas, Europe, and Asia, and its revolutionary products and solutions have been chosen by customers in over 100 countries for applications in filmmaking, construction, inspection, emergency response, agriculture, conservation, and many other industries.