1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

ZX-50 New Battery, low battery indication

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by JoeScott, Jul 23, 2006.

1. JoeScott

JoeScott New Member

My camera was sitting idle for several months. When I attempted to use it again, it took 2 pictures and wouldn't take any more. It made a whining sound with the touch of every button, like it was trying to do something. The low battery indicator did not come on, but I changed the batteries anyway.

Now, with the new batteries (with a 2015 experation date), the low battery indicator lights up when I turn it on, but there is no whining. When I shut it off, there is quiet whine, as if something is relaxing.

I checked the battery voltage and each are around 2.6V, even though they are 3V batteries. Could that be my problem? I don't want to be purchasing new batteries if that isn't the problem.

2. johnriley1uk

johnriley1uk Well-Known Member

It is wise to change the batteries every 12 months regardless of the amount of use. If the camera is out of commission for a long time, batteries should be removed in case of leakage.

I would suggest you fit new batteries, but also check that the battery contacts are free of corrosion. And if that works, use the camera more and avoid long periods of disuse...

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Morning Joe,

Welcome to the AP Forums and John is spot on :)

:)

Jack

4. 0

0 Guest

I had similar problems with watch batteries I bought recently - the retailer expressed surprise (more than surprise, actually!) and replaced them with a different make which were fine, so yours may have come from a dodgy batch, especially as the voltage is as low as you say it is (my 3V batteries were giving ~1.2V!).