1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Zinio subscription - nearly 3 times more than last year!

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by stephenjd, Jul 13, 2012.

1. stephenjd

stephenjd Well-Known Member

I have subscribed to AP through Zinio for the past 2 years. The first year it was just under £30, last year it was just over £30, this year a massive £50 increase to £79.99. Now I dont mind the price increasing a little, but that is just taking the proverbial:mad:.

One less subscriber - I'll just read it in WHSmiths.

2. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

Welcome to these forums Stephen. Tell us a bit more about yourself please.

Nice first post too (Sounds like another Grumpy Old Fart)

3. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

so they got you hooked but you slipped off the gaff.

4. Molendinar

Molendinar Well-Known Member

Wow. That's outrageous. I was considering subscribing digitally on the iPad, but won't be doing so at that price...

5. NosamLuap

NosamLuap Rebmem Roines

I just bought my first issue via Zinio. I just bought the current issue, rather than subscribing, to make sure I was happy with the presentation/usability of Zinio, and to confirm it worked OK on my phone and tablet.

I was rather annoyed after clicking on the "Buy - £1.99" button for the magazine to find in the email confirmation that the actual price charged is £2.39 - nowhere that I could see on the app (Android) did it say that the price excluded VAT.

I've since checked on the web and the £79.99 subscription is also exc VAT, so would actually be ~£96

(Still a good deal, I admit, but certainly not transparent if you're using the app to purchase directly rather than the website)

6. Norman

Norman Well-Known Member

:D I once saw someone using his smartphone to snap the pages he was interested in reading at a later date.

7. NosamLuap

NosamLuap Rebmem Roines

Ah, OK - so I can't read :eek:

It does say on the final confirmation screen (where you need to re-enter your password to confirm payment) that "Price subject to applicable taxes (VAT)"

It doesn't show the total price (£2.39) though - all the app ever displayed was the £1.99 price (and it didn't specify that this was an 'exc VAT' price until that final confirmation, which is after you've decided to buy...)

8. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

(AP and mod hat off)... Hmmm? What if were your (AN Others) photograph hanging - for sale - in a exhibition?

As for the OP it is beyond my remit :)