1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

your thoughts on this?

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by snowqueen, Apr 23, 2009.

1. frank1

frank1 Well-Known Member

Remember the standard lens on these cameras except the c330 is 80mm equivelent to 50mm on a 35mm camera. So you've got
    to ask yourself will you feel happy with that limitaion well will you. The other thing then is the c330 to my knowledge has 6 lenses, ranging in price from £100 to £250. I don't use my camera even though I secretly want to, it's such a big secret I forgot to tell myself. I feel when the day I do it'll some how reintroduce me to photography
    Goodluck but be careful these are relatively old buggers. Hey I've just thought of the seagull a chinese model perhaps cheap and cheerful.

2. snowqueen

snowqueen Well-Known Member

Any thoughts on these cameras?

Lubitel 166 (LOMO) 6x6 Medium Format Camera

I never thought it would be so confusing looking for a medium format camera, there seems to be many to choice from :D

3. beejaybee

beejaybee Marvin

If you like soft focus & vignetting but not (usually) light leaks & can't find a Holga, try a Lubitel. Otherwise any Rollei or clone will do a better job.

4. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

As a Mamiya owner/enthusiast I'm certainly not going to knock the C330, but TBH I wouldn't recommend it for someone wanting to dip their toe in the medium format water, as it were. For an already committed, hard-core MF enthusiast, certainly. But you might find it rather too heavy and bulky, and perhaps not conducive to the sort of carefree experimentation that you really want when just getting started in MF.

The Autocord/Yashicamat/Rolleicord options that have been mentioned would, OTOH, be just fine. I'd add the MPP Microcord or Microflex to the list too, should you happen across one.

5. snowqueen

Thank you
    I have seen alot of holga's on ebay ......

6. snowqueen

Thanks huw
    I will keep my eyes open for them.
    Last time i went in the shop there were a few but i dont remember the names, will be nice to handle a few, im not going to buy on impulse, will keep a record of what he has and what condition they are in and yes....get back to you guys ;) hope you dont mind :)

7. Mojo_66

Mojo_66 Well-Known Member

The Mamiya 330 is a bit of a brick, but it's very nice to use, and as mentioned earlier you can change the lenses. You can also get a tripod adaptor to correct for parralex(sp?) error and as it focusses down to a few inches it's useful for more close up work. If you don't always want the square format there's always the option of cropping to 645 too.