1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Your opinion: am I going the right direction?

Discussion in 'Personal Portfolio Sites' started by Marius, Mar 21, 2007.

1. Marius

Marius New Member

Dear community,

I have a blog/website, very much focused on photography in Asia (I am European myself).

Could you please take a look here and tell me if it is worth continuing the photography part?

This is the first time I'm asking to evaluate the photographs publicly, so I'm very eager to hear your answer and suggestions if any.

All the photos are not altered in any way, they are just taken out of camera, resized and cropped.
    Oh, and one photo was converted to black and white.

If you have no time skimming through, take a look at this salt farm worker in Vietnam.

All the best,
    Marius

2. robc

robc Well-Known Member

Yes you are going in the right direction. Some interesting and insightful stuff in there. I enjoyed looking at your pics.

To be honest, I am always slightly thrown by the "should I continue" question - that is up to you! If you are getting out of it what you want to and are enjoying it then of course it is, regardless of what other people say. It is a personal thing.

Of course I understand it is nice to have anothers opinion of your work and I think you have a good eye for a shot, clearly understand the techniques and your composition is generally really good.

Enjoy your trip / new life!

3. jonesey

jonesey Well-Known Member

I think that Robc says it all really. :cool:
    It's entirely up to you what you do. I do agree that the pics are excellent. By the way is that Yoko lennon in number2?

Cheers

John

4. Marius

Marius New Member

robc, jonesey,

thanks a bunch for the comments.

Regarding the "should I continue" question, yes, I see your point. But then If I'm the only one enjoying what I do, I'll better alter it in a way somebody else can also enjoy.

Yes, the lady looks like Yoko. Actually, there's quite many of them on the streets.

The new life is fantastic indeed.

5. jonesey

jonesey Well-Known Member

Marius,

I'll better alter it in a way somebody else can also enjoy."

Why? It's your hobby. My photography is done by me, to please me. I enjoy what I'm doing for myself. If others like it, it's a bonus. Unless of course, you're thinking of selling prints etc, then it's possibly different.
    To me, I do it because it's FUN!

Cheers

John

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Quite right.

7. Bertybob

Bertybob Active Member

Keep going. Some interesting pictures.