1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Young, new and broke!

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by James B, Mar 6, 2002.

1. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

pooooooooooooooooooooh

click,whirr,we got our scanner working!
    Larry AKA Boz

2. Happy Hens

Happy Hens Well-Known Member

Sounds like a lot of hot (stale) air to me.
    The climate control in your car is broken so you can't open your windows then?/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Billy

FRIPN

3. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

4. Happy Hens

Happy Hens Well-Known Member

I remember on the day that was the new W registrations were out (1st August 1980) and I was driving up the road and there was a brand new W reg Fiat Uno at the side of the road with the bonnet up and a breakdown van beside it, haa haa.
    What car is it you have got then?

Billy

FRIPN

5. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Thats coz Fiat Uno's suck!! That was one of my first cars.. every bump was a very scary experience! I just got a Jaguar XJ6 4.0... tho I'm still using my BM unfortantly :(

Mario Greppi FRIPN
    www.dreamphotos.org
    www.streetphotos.co.uk

6. Lounge_Lizard

Lounge_Lizard Well-Known Member

Bet there was more room in the Uno than in the XJ6!

David
    (Previous Uno 70S owner ...and, ahem, a Fiat Mirafiori owner - long time ago though - older and wiser now and rust-free!)

7. Mario

Mario Well-Known Member

Italien cars do rust bad.. My dad had a Lancia Delta HF Turbo... Leaving it Folkestone it went rust very quickly.. it ended up being scrapped! I think mine is the long wheelbase model... quite a lot of room... specially in the back!

Mario Greppi FRIPN
    www.dreamphotos.org
    www.streetphotos.co.uk

8. Simon

Simon Well-Known Member

I started out with an EOS 1000 and got some stonking pics out of it. I got an EOS30 a while back and though I've got some nice images, all the ones hanging on my wall are from my EOS 1000. The reason? I bought a more expensive camera and forgot the basics. As other people have said, you need to learn the basic stuff and a 1000 is a good camera to learn on! Once your comfortable with that, then move on to a more expensive camera but remembering that it won't turn you into a better phtographer.

The only other advice I can give (as I'm still learning) is to take lots of pictures as that is really the only way you learn. If you're anything like I was when I was 16 you probably don't have bundles of money, but taking pics and learning from your mistakes is the best way to progress (IMHO, of course).

Good luck!

9. Lounge_Lizard

Lounge_Lizard Well-Known Member

For a fixed sum of money, it is better to buy the best lens you can afford with a basic body rather than have a mediocre lens with an all-singing, all-dancing body. The body, after all, is just a light-tight box to hold the film. It's the glass that forms the image.

David