1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

You lookin' at me or my work?

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by chrisevans, Nov 16, 2013.

1. chrisevans

chrisevans Well-Known Member

2. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

What's the lead to think you may have been at his work?

3. Serge1975

Serge1975 Well-Known Member

Yes - the title is not very fortunate but I like the picture anyway :)

Well done! camera angle, light, pose, background. Maybe a bit too dark on the right bottom...but only maybe :)

4. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

This works well. I suspect the subject is not as menacing as you have made him!

5. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

He's got some guns on him! If he says it's Tuesday.......It's Tuesday!!:eek:
    Nice shot for me

6. chrisevans

Thanks Iuisport, Serge1975 and Nimbus your appraisal of my photograph is much appreciated, i think it's vitally important for me at least to keep checking in with reality and others that enjoy imagery.

All the best to the 3 of you, happy snapping.

Chris :)

7. chrisevans

Hi Craig20264

When he asked to go through the memory card and delete all the unflattering ones do you think I said no?

I just didn't tell him the D7000 has 2 cards...

8. Ednewbie

Ednewbie Well-Known Member

That's a stunning photo, with great colours. I like the face on the wall staring at the subject. Excellent!

Ed

9. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Best shot I've seen here in a while. Well done.

10. Parsen66

Parsen66 Well-Known Member

Very nice and great lighting too.

Did you use any fancy lighting set up?

11. Caulkhead

Caulkhead Well-Known Member

Great shot! Face is bit blocked out on the right but I can live with that- well done!

12. dachs

dachs Well-Known Member

don't care how you did it, superb

13. chrisevans

Wow, really positive and helpful feed-back, thanks for taking the time everyone.

This specific shot is one of the break-out portraits I took while shooting a "fly on the wall" series at my local Tattoo studio. The guy who agreed to being photographed was having it done as a memory and tribute to his lost younger brother.

http://bit.ly/1blqAJK

For those who were interested, I used a single SB700 up on a light stand camera left, it had a small grid over the flash head to help minimise light spill. The flash was triggered by the pop up slave built into the D7000. It was at the rear of the Tattoo Studio on a blinding bright lunch time. I had the flash set to 3/4 power and the 50mm 1.4 lens stopped right down to f8 to darker down the environment. I kept close and tight with the 50mm to try and exaggerate the his form, I also tried some shots with a reflector lower camera right but it reduced the drama I was after in the picture.