1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

yet more new Sony dSLRs

Discussion in 'Sony Chat' started by Roger_Provins, May 25, 2009.

1. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

It seems there's a 500 range in the pipeline :)

[​IMG]

2. T_Sargeant

T_Sargeant Well-Known Member

Curses, you beat me to it!

:D

3. FujiSigmaNolta

FujiSigmaNolta Well-Known Member

I hope they come up with something with video, not because I really need but just because I would hate to see Sony losing out in the market right now because of consumer demands for all these bells and whistles .

4. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

Yes, it's very strange how Sony, the makers/innovators of so many gadgets, have so far been so conservative with their dSLR range. The a900 is a good example, no live view, no video - just a straight forward camera in the traditional manner. It pleases me because that is what I wanted - something to replace my Contax SLRs - and this does a great job giving me files almost the same size as scanned 35mm film with all the controls I need. Of course in-body image stabilisation is the icing on the cake :)

For the entry/consumer level though they probably do need to add all the gadgetry. They made an excellent start with their implementation of live-view - still the most accomplished from any manufacturer for a lower cost camera. I expect when they put video in a dSLR this will also be a better method than currently available. Sony are after all the market leaders in professional video equipment. Maybe it will have proper AF, zoom, HD and frame rates ;)