1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Yet another newbie! :O)

Discussion in 'Introductions...' started by Dizzers, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Dizzers

Dizzers New Member

Hello Everyone, I'm Helen and I live in Tiverton.

I only joined today but have been a keen amateur photographer for a few years on and off. I'm a single parent to my 4year old son who has Down's syndrome and photography is great respite for me.

I use a Canon 60d with a variety of lenses and am looking for some advice and recommendations as to a relatively good value wide angle and macro lens to add to add to my bag, does anyone have any suggestions?

many thanks

Helen

2. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome

The Sigma 10-20 has been popular but I got me the EF-S 15-85mm to take care of my wide angle and every day use. As for macro personally I like the 60mm from Canon but the 100mm will give better working distance if bugs are your thing. The 90mm from Tamron has been a bit of a legend fantastic value for money (the old model, not this years improved one).

3. 2lude

2lude Well-Known Member

Welcome wish I could help but I can't

4. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Hi Helen, welcome to the forum. I have a Canon 60mm and a 100mm. I prefer the 60mm. You can get a lot closer to subjects and the image quality is good.