1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

YaaaaaHhhooo

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Done_rundleCams, Dec 9, 2004.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

It's here /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif
    /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Jack

Life is a Photo-Op

2. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Re: YaaaaaaaaaaHhhhhhhhhhhoooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Morning Jack,

glad to hear your wait is over at last. :) Make sure you get some pictures for us in between the celebratory cups of coffee - and you can post them in our new Gallery forum! :)

Huw Evans.

3. Done_rundleCams

Morning HuW,

Will do.

Jack

Life is a Photo-Op

4. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

At last, a camera worthy of the man! Can't wait to see the photos! (In our new AP gallery of course!)

BigWill

<font color=blue>I'm sailing like a driftwood on a windy bay!<font color=black>

5. johnmcd

johnmcd Well-Known Member

I judge by the smileys you're pleased then. So how is it, can't be that good can it ? I'm still mulling this one over. I've just got the money and now I'm having cold feet. I don't like the fact the lack of choice in focusing modes. It's a bit of a niggle. Apart from that it looks ok.

6. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

Thank god for that!!! The petition we sent to the United Nations...to get Coffie Annan to lobby Pentax on your behalf must have worked!/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif Have fun......even though it is so small!

Graeme

AGW[​IMG]

7. BigWill

" Have fun......even though it is so small!"..............................now how many times have I told you not to make fun of Jack's "bits" Graeme. He can't help it if he's only got a "little'un" /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

BigWill

8. AGW

AGW Well-Known Member

No Will....it was Jacks choice....he decided on his size....he obviously thinks it will satisfy his needs! (Both you and I know the truth about size! The only difference between us being that I actually try to use mine....come on Will get on the gallery!!!)/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Graeme

AGW[​IMG]

9. BigWill

Wot, at this time of night!/img/wwwthreads/smile.gif I've promised welsh gittey boy that I'll post something up there........................someday....................if I ever actually get a day off work that is! /img/wwwthreads/frown.gif

BigWill

10. Bettina

Bettina Well-Known Member

Without the daffodil ... you know where to stuff it! /img/wwwthreads/smile.gif

Bettina

http://www.vibrantpictures.co.uk

11. BigWill

If you don't give me that beautiful redheads phonenumber then I might just appear wearing nothing but a daffodil strategically placed....................might just take a whole bunch to cover it though! /img/wwwthreads/wink.gif (children and those of a nervous disposition be warned!)

BigWill

12. Done_rundleCams

"I don't like the fact the lack of choice in focusing modes"

Morning John,

Are you speaking of 'focussing modes, ie: spot, multi-point,etc...' or
    are speaking of the 'Auto focussing modes, ie: One shot, Servo, etc...'?

Because it has the former, albeit within the Menu, and the latter is within the
    'scene modes', with the Servo foucs mode in the Sport mode.

Hope this helps and there is always the IST*D/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif.

Jack

Life is a Photo-Op

13. johnmcd

Hi Jack,
    I wasn't talking about metering modes I did mean autofocusing modes.

I'm a bit wary of the fact that you can only have single shot autofocus most of the time with the tracking autofocus only working in sports mode. I'd much rather just have the 3 position switch as on the istD or Z1/P. If I was doing sports type stuff I'd most likely use shutter priority or manual modes but I'd like the chioce to choose the focusing mode independantly. Anyway I could probably put up with it if the quality of the images is better than the istD. I don't really want the picture modes but I don't need to use them. I've got the money now so I need to choose the istDS with lens or maybe be able to get an istD body only. I'm just a bit worried they'll bring out an upgraded istD that will be the best of both worlds, it's a lot of dosh and it would be a shame if they brought obe out soon after that was what I really wanted. Actually what I really want is a camera that looks like an MX/MZ5 with the digital controls on the back, a shutter speed dial in the right place and the ability to use the aperture ring basically a digital MZ5 with the istD/S viewfinder that would be perfect. I don't suppose it will happen though. I must be very old fashioned though. I didn't upgrade my MX until the MZ5 came along as I didn't like any of the cameras after the MX, they all had poor control layouts, yes I do mean all of them. Anyway still pondering. Positive feedback on the istDS might sway me so get writing, go on, sell it to me.

14. cgproudfoot

cgproudfoot Well-Known Member

Why would the quality of the images be better than the *istD?

15. Done_rundleCams

"sell it to me."

Morning John,

No problemo, now do you want to fly over here or do you want to wait til I
    come over next year and bring one with me/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif?

Seriously, I think you will be getting positive feedback, for the most part,
    from both camera's and you have to decide whether you want to lay out the extra
    dosh for the IST*D or save some and go with the IST*Ds. If I were you, I would go to a shop that has both camera's and try them both out and see if having the Servo Focus is going to make a big difference.

Jack

Life is a Photo-Op

16. johnmcd

It's too late Jack I saw and istD in the shop at the weekend and had a play with it. I knew I wouldn't be able to resist it if I saw one so I've now got an istD with the 18-55 kit lens. The only problem now is that my wife wont let me play with it until Christmas. I saw some of your B&W photos on the DP review site which I liked, the B&W looks as good as film I was impressed. JMCD

17. johnmcd

I beleive Pentax claimed the quality would be better.

18. Done_rundleCams

" I've now got an istD with the 18-55 kit lens."

Morning John,

Well done and I know you will be extremely happy with it......eventually/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif.

"The only problem now is that my wife wont let me play with it until Christmas."

Not a problem, John. All you have to do is ring up the local constabulary,
    find a copper who likes photography and explain what your wife has said/done
    and she will charged with 'spousal abuse' and then you agree to drop the
    charges but only if you can play with your new IST*D or she will be doing
    hard time in porridge/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif.

Hope it all works out and maybe get your wife an extra blanket for Xmas as some
    of the gaols are rather draughty/img/wwwthreads/wink.gif.

Jack

Life is a Photo-Op

19. johnmcd

Dear Jack, thanks for the sympathy. I'm not sure if we have a law on "spousel abuse" in this country but it's a thought. I tried to order a case with the istDS but there's none in the UK I'm told. It's my birthday in January, I think I'll but the AF360 flash gun as I've always wanted one even for the old Z1P. I'll have to use the istDS with my old AF440FTZ flash in the mean time but I expect it will be ok. It will be interesting to see how the AF440 using TTL metering compares to AF360 with PTTL metering.

20. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

Re: YaHo

ok, whats have i missed?

<font color=blue>I'm built for comfort, I aint built for speed!</font color=blue>
    Howlin' Wolf