1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Y

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by caledonia84, May 16, 2018.

1. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Then you might need to improve your street anticipation.
    The best street shots are ones foreseen, even a second or two earlier. Otherwise you are left, as here, trying to rationalise why missing the decisive moment is somehow "better".....and for me at least, failing.
    There is no value to a missed moment. As shot this is a nice record of a couple out walking. Where Adrian put them (I'd have been a pace lower), it provokes a question and starts a story. Turn it mono, fade it a bit and if this were a famous HCB, ask yourself where he'd have had them?

2. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

I may have wrongly used the term "foreseeing" when I actually meant "foretelling". Foreseeing and anticipating fall both under the reasonable belief that something will happen. HCB always had the finger on the trigger, yet, I am sure he missed a few. Of course the ones he anticipated became a brand name. My point is, would he have altered a street story to print something he had not anticipated?

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Well no. Neither would he have posted one of those you say he must have missed, hoping the lack of decisive moment would not attract comment.

4. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

You are right Mike.
    Luis