1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

XT3 and geotagging

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by mikeparker59, Jul 6, 2019.

1. mikeparker59

mikeparker59 Well-Known Member

I was full of hope that Fuji had got geotagging to work properly using phone data and Bluetooth. It sounds so simple that the camera connects to phone by Bluetooth and receives location data and writes into the file as photo is taken. Unless I’m stupid and doing it all wrong it’s the most frustrating thing I’ve ever found, and find my photos haven’t been accurately tagged.
    So I still use gps4cam which has served me well for a number of years, just a shame it appears to have been abandoned and the time will probably come after a phone update that it’ll no longer work. It’s the only app I’ve seen that doesn’t need you to synchronise camera and phone time before a shoot, but uses a barcode you produce at end of your shoot to photograph, then run the files through their software and it compares the time on your camera to the time recorded in the barcode to correct for any difference and to geotag accurately.
    Still be good if Fuji could fix it though or stick a GPS receiver in the camera, if smartphones can geotag surely a camera can. I know it’ll drain batteries quicker but spares aren’t too big to carry around.
    Rant over !