1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XT1

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by GlennT, Mar 3, 2014.

1. GlennT

GlennT Member

Off I toddled to the Camera show at the NEC on Saturday. I had been thinking of buying a XPro1, and there was some stunning show deals on this camera, but after playing with the XT1 on the Fujifilm stand, i was blown away by it and left the show with an XT1, rather than a xpro1, with the 18-55xf lens, bundled with a vertical battery grip, spare battery and UV lens filter. I think I may well be tempted by the fuji cash discount on lenses, buy 1 and get £100 cash back and buy 2 and get £300 back, until the end of March.

Im really enjoying getting to grips with this lovely camera; it's a joy to hold, being so much lighter than most dslrs.

Glenn

2. Nytsom

Nytsom Well-Known Member

What swayed you from the X-Pro 1 to the X-T 1, ?? Was it price - the size or the Technology?

If you don't mind me asking? How good was the deal?

3. GlennT

GlennT Member

The xpro1 is a fine camera and they continue to update the firmware for it and will continue you to do so, according to senior UK Fuji staff who were at the NEC. They were offering a pro1 with 18mm lens, metal grip, spare battery and a further free lens, as per the lens offer for £799

I was at the NEC on saturday and the first tranch of xt1s were at the show. Fuji had several on their stand along with other x series cameras and I was able to play with the pro1 and xti side by side. Both cameras are really good but I was swayed by how much quicker the xt1 was compared to the pro1. It's also really ergonomic and nice to hold and with the vertical (battery) grip, it has a nice balanced feel to it even with a zoom lens. So I ended up buying a xti with 18-55 with a vertical battery grip, rrp £200, spare battery and uv filter for nearly £400 cheaper than they are currently retailing at. I hadnt planned to make the purchase at the show but with these sorts of deals, which seemed to be matched by a lot of other retailers, etc, it really was worth the ticket, diesel and parking for the day.

I could easily have gone for the xpro1 but I think I would have regretted the decision later.

Fuji stated that it was unlikely that there would be an xpro1 replacement this year - possibly 2015 - which is why they are committed to updating its firmware.

There was also a stunning offer on the x100s with a free fuji half leather case for £749, compared to the £1000 retail price by the same retailer at the moment.

4. MartyG

MartyG Well-Known Member

Fujifilm definitely seem to support their cameras well in updates - the X100 firmware update seemed to fix most of the reported issues with the camera making them great 2nd hand buys.

Good luck with the XT1 make sure to post up some results.

5. IvorCamera

IvorCamera In the Stop Bath

I went to the show on the Monday I thought this would be a quiet day, it was not! I was going for the xpro but each time I tried to get near the counter it was 5 deep with people so I gave it a miss, but fuji has certainly got their act together, they had some nice gear on show with lots of discounts on, oh well I can wait till next year there's no hurry....

6. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I was speaking to a colleague who has bought two of these to replace a D70 and D200 for himself and his wife.He is very impressed with it and especially the kit lens.

7. PMurrell

PMurrell Well-Known Member

I popped into my local camera shop and had a go with a 35mm 1.4 lens. Very impressed!

Would be ideal for me to carry as an everyday camera instead of my other heavy dslr.

Anyone have some sample images I can view? (i.e. FlickR, 500px)

Cheers

8. flipster

flipster Well-Known Member

Hope you enjoy your new camera, did you get a chance to compare the XT with it's competition from Nikon or Olympus?

9. PMurrell

I only managed to try it out. May have to trade in one of my Dslr's first.

10. flipster

flipster Well-Known Member

ok, I swapped my Canon DSLR (after using canon DSLR's for 8 or 9 years) for x pro 1 and it was a while before i got used to it...but best decision I ever made (photographically anyway)...it's purely a matter of personal choice though. Still keep an old 40D though...just in case.

11. PMurrell

I currently use a D300s and a D7000. If one had to go... ...it would be the 7000. I just love the ergonomics on the 300s so much better though the sensor on the 7k is better. Trading for X-T1 would compensate (so I keep telling myself).