1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

XT 4 Hopes & Dreams

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Mark101, Oct 15, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

I know it may not be due until the latter part of 2020, but what are your hopes and dreams for the new XT4?

2. mikeparker59

mikeparker59 Well-Known Member

Currently have XT3 so unlikely to upgrade but a fully articulated screen would be nice. Have one on my Canon and so much more useful than the tilt type Fuji use. Stiffer on off button slightly recessed again like my canon as it’s just too easy to accidentally switch camera on when putting in bag. Prefer flash to be built in rather than add on as it’s easily lost, not that I use it much. Improved continuous/tracking focus.

3. mikeparker59

The current way of creating a new folder is a bit confusing in that it doesn’t show up In menu after creation until you take a shot, so a change to show the folder as soon as created in the menu system and also the option of allowing the camera to automatically create a new folder each day

4. mikeparker59

A decent built in GPS geotagging option like on a mobile phone.

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

My inbox has the launch announcement. The X-T4 spec looks like an update to the X-H1 in a slightly smaller body and at not such an aspirational price.

6. mikeparker59

Yes just read some details, Some worthwhile changes but camera starting to get bigger unfortunately to fit the ibis and larger battery in, also battery charger and flash appear to be extras ! Admittedly I’ve never used the flash supplied with my XT3. You have to charge the battery in camera Like charging a mobile phone, so whilst charging you can’t use it, surely for a $1600 camera it’s not too much to ask for a battery charger, most serious photographers will have spare battery it two. Fuji being a bit greedy there like Canon not supplying lens hoods with their lenses but charging extortionate prices for 10p of plastic !

7. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Just seen the Kai review

EightBitTony and Done_rundleCams like this.
  8. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Possibly, the best camera reviewer alive :) ... thanks for the share, Mark :)
    Cheers,
    Jack

9. ChrisNewman

ChrisNewman Well-Known Member

I had thought that if I wanted to get a quality APS-C outfit from scratch, Fujifilm have by far the best set of lenses. But I’d have been frustrated at having to buy the XH-1 to get IBIS, despite the XT-3 being more attractive in most respects, and with a better sensor. I assumed the solution would come as an XH-2, but this XT-4 seems to combine the best of both, with IBIS in a smaller and less expensive body than the XH-1. Well done Fujifilm - about time too!

Chris

Done_rundleCams likes this.