1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Xbox (or other) games...

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by dangie, Apr 4, 2020.

1. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

For those forum members who play computer/console games.

Have been given an Xbox to help pass the time whilst in isolation. There are some games with it but all are 'shoot 'em up' fingers a blur type games which are absolutely no use for someone like me who even finds the TV remote complicated.

Can anyone recommend a strategy type game where you have time to think and work things out rather than shoot anything that comes near. I know in this day and age I'm probably asking for what's not there but I'll ask anyway.

2. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Are the Final Fantasy games available on xbox?

3. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Just Googled it. I think so. What type of games are they. Do you have plenty of time to do what you need to do or do you have fingers faster than a concert pianist..??

4. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Football manager games?

Zou likes this.
  5. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Strategy roleplay with the occasional battle which on watching my wife play them appear to be random button bashing.

6. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

The sims.

....you sit there telling sims to tidy up and go to work while mess piles up around you ;):oops::D

7. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

There will be chess and monopoly games too.

8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

On a PC, a turn based strategy game like Civilization may be suitable.

9. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

My wife says that's not a game, just her daily routine.

daft_biker likes this.