1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

X100

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by Zou, Apr 24, 2014.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Anyone here using the X100 with v2.x firmware? Interested in your user experience as it is a tempting 2nd hand buy. Thanks.

2. wheeliebug

wheeliebug Member

I have an X100 with v2.01 firmware. It's a superb camera and this firmware is the only thing it needed to improve it.

The manual focusing was not worth using as it was when this camera came out. But, this firmware version my camera now has Focus Peak Highlight in manual focus and manual focusing is so much quicker.

I bought my X100 when it came out and now with the v2.01 firmware I will never regret buying it.

Richerd

3. Martin Erhard

Martin Erhard Member

Yes, I bought one about a year ago secondhand and yes the latest firmware upgrade made a huge difference.
    I can't praise this camera enough, it completely changed my approach to photography for the better. With proper manual controls and a fixed lens it is a delight to use. It gives as good results as my SLR but with half the size and weight.
    I am only surprised there has been so little interest in on here.

4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Thank you both for your input. I'm going to keep my eyes open for a decent X100, even if it means waiting for the right one to come along. I've used one before and enjoyed it. :)