1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

www.stevenhanna.co.uk

Discussion in 'Personal Portfolio Sites' started by StevenHanna, Feb 14, 2007.

1. StevenHanna

StevenHanna Member

www.stevenhanna.co.uk

Thought I'd post up a link to my website, which mainly features landscapes from Northern Ireland and images from the road racing scene (North West 200, Isle of Man TT etc).

Any constructive feedback on the site layout and / or images would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks.

Steven

Steven Hanna Photography

2. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Re: www.stevenhanna.co.uk

A lot of cracking pictures on there.

Nice simple website layout. The only thing i'd say the image on the first page is a little large and the page needs scrolling down to see if there is anything else.

That said though i'm using a laptop (1024x768) so it might be fine on a proper screen!

3. geoid

geoid Well-Known Member

There are some great pictures on there, obviously a lot of time and effort taking them, and designing the site. Great! :D

4. Geoffers

Geoffers Well-Known Member

Hi Steve, welcome to the board and congratulations on the site. As the others have said, well designed and simple access to the images, I really like it.

The only thing I would say is that I would like to see more of a caption for each picture, no need for 'War and Peace' but just something to say where it is and (in the case of the bike racing pictures) who it is.

5. StevenHanna

StevenHanna Member

Thanks everyone for the feedback.
    Geoff - I know what you mean regarding the captions. SOmething to consider for the future.

Steven

6. Matt_Hunt

Matt_Hunt Well-Known Member

Just a thought, but in your copyright notice, your name is 'steve hanna' i.e. all lower case.

Deliberate? It looks at odds with your name elsewhere on the page which is 'Steve Hanna'

The pictures are great!

7. StevenHanna

StevenHanna Member

8. datawise

datawise Well-Known Member

Lovely site, Steve! I love the landscapes, I just wish I could get 'home' more often to photograph it (Too Long in Exile, and all that).

The only thing that doesn't quite look right to me is the small image in the header. I think it needs a border or some sort of blended edging.

Is this a packaged web site that you fill with images or 'all you own work'?

9. StevenHanna

StevenHanna Member

Hi Peter
    Thanks so much for the constructive comments.
    The site is designed & run by a company called Photium. All I have to do is keep it updated with images & any news / text I want to add. They pretty much do everything else for me.

Steven

10. DS2

DS2 Well-Known Member

Hi Steven,

Great site, both the images from Northern Ireland and Light and Land have given me a sense of inspiration to get away from the city and relax in the tranquility of nature.

Cheers,
    Simon

11. StevenHanna

StevenHanna Member

Hi Simon, thanks for the feedback.
    Glad to hear that it has helped give you a bit of inspiration.

Steven

12. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Hi Steven, some lovely images there. I'm also looking at Photium as a web creation and hosting site and have made my mind up to go with them. How have you found their service thus far?

13. StevenHanna

StevenHanna Member

NorthernNikon - Top drawer. I really couldn't fault them. Really ease to set up the site and get it up and running. Updating is real simple, and their support team are excellent - normally a very fast response.

Steven

14. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

Thanks Steven, if only I had the time to edit my photos and get them up there.

15. StevenHanna

StevenHanna Member

Yeah I know, websites can take up a lot of your time if you let them

Steven

16. Barney

Barney Well-Known Member

It's not the website taking my time up, it's work, wife and wee one. If it wasn;t for those three I'd be okay!