1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Pinhole Day

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by steveandthedogs, Apr 18, 2020.

1. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

daft_biker likes this.
  2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I wonder if I have an appropriate film? If so, I might get the FrankenLeicaHole out.

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I'm thinking about trying some of this:

IMG_20200420_085757847-01.jpeg

Either directly as a paper negative or perhaps contact printing a pinhole negative.

4. gray1720

Ooooh, good call, I have a pack of that I was given as a Christmas present and have never got round to using!

5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Originally bought to try lumen prints, so I'll probably do a bit of that as well.

6. steveandthedogs

lumen-invert.jpg

Funnily enough, I had my first bash at that yesterday...

S

Zou likes this.
  7. steveandthedogs

8. dazdmc

dazdmc Well-Known Member

Film only or can digital be used? I have butchered a spare body cap for my IR D70

Zou likes this.
  9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Digital more than welcome.

dazdmc likes this.
  10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Just checking up on the Sunography paper, seems it needs hours and hours to get an image in a pinhole. Back to square one for tomorrow, may have to stick with digital as I don't have the setup for developing regular paper negs right now.

11. dazdmc

dazdmc Well-Known Member

I've been having a play with the body cap and different hole sizes, trying to get one small enough using just the very tip of a needle is a bit trickier than I thought it was going to be. I am however getting images

steveandthedogs and Zou like this.
  12. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Sod it, I'll use Nik pinhole filters.;)

13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Can't find my 'decent' card-with-pinhole mount cover but I've got one which is good enough to get some snaps tomorrow.

14. gray1720

Steve - how dark does it need to be when you take your cyano paper out of the packet? Wondering because iot's stuningly bright here today, so ideal for it.

Not sure I'll get time for any proper pinholeography....

15. steveandthedogs

Er, dunno. My lumen was on ancient photo paper.

I think dimmish but not dark for cyanotype.

Overcast here, but still no rain - the soil is parched.

S

16. gray1720

We shall see, then! I have just come home from the allotment to discover that the attic hatch has fallen in... so that needs to be fixed first! Luckily SWMBO wasn't on the lav at the time, or she'd have had it scared out of her.

17. steveandthedogs

I hope you haven't got a Miss Marple living nearby.

S

gray1720 likes this.
  18. gray1720

Oh arse, everyone else has decided they are having a whole-family Zoom this afternoon!

19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Didn't get anything close to a keeper but will pop up a few crappy ones later. Also managed to completely misplace the Sunography paper since yesterday, which is annoying as I finally found the sheet of glass to use for contact printing negatives on it. :confused:

20. steveandthedogs

Round and round the garden...

fork-and-log.jpg

toys.jpg

flowers.jpg

All were underexposed, despite using a meter and allowing for reciprocity failure, and brought up with curves.

S

Zou likes this.