1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wife in hospital after 2nd heart attack.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Pete Bony, May 4, 2019.

1. Pete Bony

Pete Bony Well-Known Member

My wife was rushed to hospital early last Wednesday morning after having her second heart attack. At the moment the doctors have their hands tied as Marlene developed a kidney infection while in hospital so they can not do an angiogram to decide if they can sort things out with stents (She already has two from her previous heart attack back in 2013 when they had to air lift her via Air Ambulance to save her life) of if she is going to need a bi-pass operation. I am spending as much time as possible visiting her but the worry of it is grinding me down but I try my best not to let it show when I visit her.
    I would be so thankful if any of you guys could keep Marlene in your thoughts for a good recovery.
    I'm just about to take Harley (Our pet dog) out for a good walk then I will be back at the hospital for visiting time at 11:00 this morning.

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

My best wishes to Marlene and to you too Pete. Here’s hoping she makes a swift recovery.

3. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Best wishes for you both Pete.

4. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Thoughts are with you and Marlene. Try to eat well to keep your strength up.

5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I also hope for the best recovery as soon as possible, for Marlene. I'm sure your visits help her a lot. Try to get a bit of a rest in between visits, though and have something to eat. Keep strong.

Kate

6. lisadb

lisadb Well-Known Member

Look after yourself too - she'll need your help when she gets home. Best wishes .Lisa.

7. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

My very best wishes to the pair of you, and I trust all works out well.

8. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Thinking of you- but take care of yourself as well.

S

9. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Best wishes and speedy recovery.

10. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Best wishes for your wife's speedy recovery, Pete - and as mentioned above, do make sure that you keep yourself in good order, to assist with her recuperation.

11. David Loxley

David Loxley Well-Known Member

Trying times indeed, Pete.
    You must keep your physical and mental strengths up.
    Think positive.
    You look after yourself, the Doctors will look after Marlene.
    Everyone else will hold you both in our minds for the best outcome.
    Just doing that is a prayer.
    My best wishes for a speedy recovery

Footloose and daft_biker like this.
  12. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Nice one. Me too. Stay positive.

13. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that news Pete. Wishing Marlene and you all the very best.

PS, I hope Harley is doing well.

14. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Best wishes to both of you, and I was also wondering how your dog is coping under the circumstances.

15. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Sorry to hear of Marlene's 2nd attack, and also the kidney infection that is preventing her cardiac treatment. I hope that the experts are balancing risks correctly.
    At least you know, and Marlene knows, and they know, that Marlene is not sensitive to the x ray opaque chemicals used in angiograms and stenting.
    I have three stents myself; they are a wonderful life changer. I am surprised that after 12 years I have not been called back to the hospital and invited to take part in a study of long term benefits, or otherwise. I would think that in my case it would be useful to make another angiogram, both to me who might benefit from further stenting and to the department for ongoing research.
    In Marlene's case a follow up procedure might have been useful to her in preventing a second event and to the hospital department for ongoing research.

16. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Best wishes to you both and of course Harley

17. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Thinking of you both Pete. Here's hoping for a speedy recovery.

18. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Best wishes to both of you

19. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Marlene. To reiterate what everyone else has said, to help her, you will need to be taking care of yourself too. Sleep when you can, eat, stay positive.

20. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Any update on Marlene, Pete? Hope you are both holding up.