1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

WHS Bargain.

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Alex1994, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

My local W. H. Smith is selling the current issue of AP at an'exclusive price of £2.20.

I assume this is a one-off for this issue only?

2. phaeo

phaeo Well-Known Member

which issue is that Alex..? as my latest issue Dated Saturday 14 July was normal cost at £2.70...

3. Alex1994

It was the 14th July issue! This was in a WHS store in Northampton this morning, so I don't know if it's just for a particular area, or if it's a local WHS promotion. There was an 'exclusive price' notice on the cover, but unfortunately I didn't check to see if it was a sticker as I didn't need to buy it.

I'll look more closely if it's still there next time I visit, unless AP can comment.
    :eek:

4. swanseadave

swanseadave Well-Known Member

It`s happened on other occasions too.Not often though.

5. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

What? On a weekend? ;) As Dave mentions AP - and other titles - occasionaly run countrywide and localised price promotions with various retailers. I believe that in this case it was WHS countrywide.

6. AlanClifford

AlanClifford Well-Known Member

I bought a copy at Gatwick South Terminal. It only had a 10p discount.

7. mark_jacobs

mark_jacobs Retired

As Alex1994 mentioned the WHS price promoted copies had a 'special' cover with a printed WHS supplied 'exclusive' roundel and a large red bar showing the price as £2.20 on the left of the cover.

That said I do not know if WHS has a policy of not stocking such promotions at its airport based outlets. Nor have I heard of any 10p discount so I would assume that it is either a WHS till error or a WHS airport outlet stock/pricing matter.

8. Alex1994

Thanks, Mark.

9. AlanClifford

AlanClifford Well-Known Member

I just assumed it was a pricing error. There was no indication that it was less than than the cover price.