1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

White Garden Cosmos Flower

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by JohnLinz, Oct 5, 2021.

1. JohnLinz

JohnLinz Well-Known Member

2. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Very pretty. I'm looking on my laptop and can't see the whole image on screen at once which is a pity - I think the guidance is 7ppi and 800 pixels longest length for future reference.

I'd have had to have snipped away the bit of leafage protruding bottom left of the flower head and I can decide if I'd have cloned out the oof flower in the background or not, but probably yes. Otherwise, nice clarity on the flower.

3. JohnLinz

Thank you

4. james6

james6 Well-Known Member

Nice. I also would have lost the out of focus plant and centrilised the flower. Good detail in the highlights. I'd be interested in how you took the shot? Tripod or handheld. Exposure etc. Even equipment.

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

That's nice. New one on me. As the others said the foreground leaves disrupt the composition a bit. The oof flower adds context for me, doesn't distract, but I think you could have either tidied around the flower or found a slightly different position

6. JohnLinz

It was handheld with a canon 7D Mark ii and Tamron 90mm macro. I kept the oof to add depth.

james6 likes this.