1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

While I was checking out some lenses....Lady in the Mall.

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by Nikonchris, Dec 5, 2016.

1. Nikonchris

Nikonchris Well-Known Member

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Like the first if you crop the half lights off, but rest are showing blur or noise or both. Exif says 100th at only 250 ISO. At the 300 end indoors this must surely have been massively underexposed, are they rescues?

3. Nikonchris

Yes big time...about +2.5 on exposure and auto + slight warm on the WB....

4. Nikonchris

[​IMG]GP1_0806 by Chris Connorton, on Flickr

5. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I wouldn't go that far, it puts her head too high in the frame. The three lights are fine, or you can zap them.

6. Nikonchris

Thanks for the feedback.....much appreciated...

7. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

I hope she likes her photograph splashed across the forum. I know it is her risk in a public place, but I might estimate she is extremely well to do.

8. Nikonchris

Yes...dont think she is short of a few bob.....and as its art im sure she wont mind.... ;-)

corncrake likes this.
  9. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

A shopping mall is a public place in a way, but it is also probably private property, where there could well be restrictions on photography. Not knowing where this is, I would not positively know whether this is the case in this instance.

10. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

More to the point, did you buy the lens?

The only reason I ask is because I'm thinking of buying one myself :)

11. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

She is lovely but the noise levels are far too high IMHO. However, 2.5 stops shouldn't be necessarily create that much noise on the 7200 (I think). Were you shooting in RAW or is this a heavy(ish) crop of the original as well?

12. corncrake

corncrake Well-Known Member

Hi ''Nikonchris''...firstly , may i ask , was the lady aware of the camera ...if so I think she is a really beautiful woman , although there was a little trace of annoyance in one or two shots...

13. Nikonchris

More to the point, did you buy the lens?

Read more at http://www.amateurphotographer.co.u...-lady-in-the-mall.131380/#SLlDd2oyGJUb0rJe.99

Yes I did buy the lens as they had an offer on so relatively cheap.... yes it was shot in raw...heavily cropped and exposure increased by +2.5 in elements.

I don't think she was aware....

I believe this was the original un-cropped version but both WB and exposure adjusted in PS elements. I was trying to check out the lens so was pushing it as far i I thought sensible/silly ....max apeture...max focal length...slow shutter, slow iso etc etc...and I think it did OK....so Alan will you be buying one on the strenght of these photos....?

[​IMG]GP1_0806 by Chris Connorton, on Flickr

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
  14. AlanW

AlanW Well-Known Member

Hi Chris,

I've had an eye on this lens for a while and your shots certainly haven't put me off, given that I tend to shoot in less challenging light! I currently use a 24-85 as a walkabout lens for street photography and I'm happy with it but there are cityscapes and details on buildings I'd like to take but my current lens just doesn't have the reach. And hopefully it will also open up more possibilities for me, so yes, I've just about decided to go for one.

Cheers

Alan

15. Nikonchris

Hi Alan...I actually rather like it....its small and compact and relatively light. The lens that I actually wanted but could not get a deal on was the 70-200 f4 as it has quite a reputation. I will keep my eye out for that and a deal...

AlanW likes this.