1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Which lens/lenses should I get for my holiday ?

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by SAW, Feb 23, 2019.

1. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Depends how much image quality matters. I've found Tamron's 16-300VC an excellent lens to take on holidays. That plus a Sigma 10-20 and 35mm f/1.8 do me fine when I go away somewhere interesting

2. SAW

SAW Active Member

Thanks for all the replies.

I've been watching a few reviews on cameras as I was thinking of getting a 200D or the M50. The 200D doesn't really seem much of an improvement over my 600D ? But I am quite keen on the M50 due to its size and weight. I can also get an adaptor to use my nifty fifty.

So I am torn between getting the 15-85mm or paying some more for the M50 and a couple of lenses ?

If I was to get the M50 what lenses would you recommend ?

Should I get the adaptor to use my nifty fifty or buy the equivalent lens for the M50 ?

Thanks.

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

M50? 11-22 and 18-150 - two good lenses that cover pretty much everything. So long as you can get on with an EVF, like the touchscreen interface and aren't shooting too much action, the M50 is a great little beast. The 22 is a great little lens, too.
    There IS no 50mm equivalent (away from 3rd party lenses), so the adaptor rules. Works well.