1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Which car you like most???

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by julianaray, Mar 28, 2018.

1. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

If it doesn't fit in my wagon it goes on the roof. 5 metre lengths of wood do the paintwork no favours and I once got a rabbit hut the size of some garden sheds on my first 9-5.

Just need enough blue rope :D

2. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

A lot more healthy that's for sure.

3. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I thought that, until I bought a 6ft+ bookshelf, and it was about two inches too long. Maybe I could have bungeed the boot shut, but I had a 100 mile plus journey, didn't fancy it. Damn thing was literally two inches too long in every orientation (as the actress said to the bishop), the only way to get it in would have involved being decapitated if I braked...

Mind you, it's still the only thing!

Adrian

steveandthedogs likes this.
  4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Mark,

Not if you live in a small village with one bus to the nearest big city ever day and another bus back the next day.

Cheers,

R.

5. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Okay, I badly want one of these, any one I don't care, I just want one. My Dad had a Anglia in that pea green with a white stripe down the side. Being the super model it had ......... a heater. Good old MYR 543 D if I remember. I caught sight of it many years later and someone had painted the white stripe red.

6. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

The coach used to go from boscastle to Plymouth on a Tuesday and back on a Wednesday

7. Raza Shaikh

Raza Shaikh Active Member

Looks good to me.

8. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

One of the reasons mine had a tow-bar. Then you can fit the universe and its wife.

And a cow.

S

9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I have quite good memories of this car although my dad got rid of it around 1972 ish. How I wish we had kept it.
    This was from the slides I have just had digitised and is of my dad and the Rover 75 (I think) around 1963.

[​IMG]scan043 by Nigel G, on Flickr

10. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I daren't say any car other than our existing model in case she somehow finds out about it and breaks down in a huff. She's called Bella and has been magnificent and needs to continue being magnificent for the foreseeable.

11. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I have a friend who works in the development team at Ford.
    They were trying to come up with a cheap saloon - a cross between the Sierra and the Fiesta.
    They code-named it the Siesta.
    He asked if I'd like a test drive, but I wasn't sure.
    So he suggested I sleep on it...

;):rolleyes:

dream_police likes this.
  12. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Renault 21 which seems strange because I'm just a wee thing, but I loved driving it!

13. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I shouldn't tempt fate either but I'd like to see Top Gear test the fastest way to get from my couch to bike trails. Chris Harris in a Ferrari GTC Lusso (or FF would do), Matt LeBlanc in an old Saab aero estate or Rory Reid in a shiny new Audi estate. I reckon the Saab would get an early lead as the bike can be thrown in whole, the front wheel has to come off the bike to get it in a Ferrari and the Audi gets scratched lifting the bike on to the roof because they don't want to mess up the interior and then gets disqualified when the bike falls off trying to make up time on the road.

Who would win? I think the bike trails would have to be more than 16 miles away for a Ferrari driven by a racing driver to make up enough time by speeding and then when you are cold, wet and muddy after riding who wants to be outside dismantling a bike and getting changed before cranking up the aircon and heated leather seats.....not me anyway!:D

GeoffR likes this.
  14. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

This is one car I wouldn't want to own...

Olympus E-PM5 8GB 03 P5170005.JPG

15. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Peugeot 106?

16. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Not any more:(

17. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

AP²001074.jpg

AP²001075.jpg

AP²001076.jpg

AP²001077.jpg

Car? What car??

Lynn

18. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Longitudinal inline 4 and drum brakes.....I'm going to say before my time whatever it was:oops:

19. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Sounds like a Saab 900 or 9000

20. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Having owned both I can't say they were Saab's finest couple of hours. The 95 and 96 were amazing in their day and the 99 was pretty damned good (we ran ours for 14 years). My wife ran a 9-3 convertible for several years but then the electronics started to go and the repairs mounted up so it had to go...

Saab 9-3 front CL7594.JPG

daft_biker likes this.