1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Which car you like most???

Discussion in 'The Games Room' started by julianaray, Mar 28, 2018.

1. julianaray

julianaray In the Stop Bath

Hello everyone,

Which car you like most and which car do you have now?

2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Don't have one now. Given a few choice I'd take a Landcruiser or Hilux, something with space for bikes etc.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I've never seen a post arrive in the games room ! A dodgem - but only if I'm taking the pictures

4. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

If I had enough money I'd ask Cristian von Koenigsegg to build me an estate car. Slightly more realistic is an AMG E63 wagon once they have depreciated enough.... Was behind one in the petrol station last time I filled up and wanted to say to the owner to look after it well for somebody like me.

At the moment I still like my Saab 95 aero estate with an automatic gearbox. Overtaking is like getting launched out a catapult and they go for sweeties these days. Might as well enjoy them while I can:)

5. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

McLaren F1 please

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Nissan QX was a bit like thst. Delay on pressing the accelerator then a steam catapult comes into play. I nearly killed myself pulling out to overtake, nothing happened, pulled in and oh my god. Hire cars need heslth warnings. The fuel tank cover release on a QX is in a hollow underneath the arm rest on the drivers door. Took a while to find thst .

7. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

I'm not finding this one all that laggy...it drops gears by the time my foot hits the floor and moments later things are a spec in the rear view mirror.

The fuel tank cover locks with the car too...no pesky button to find:cool:

8. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Of those I have had or driven down the years my favourites have both been Alfa Romeos, a red 156 Sportwagon "Lusso" with black leather seats, they did get a bit hot and sticky on a sunny day in Summer, but a delight to drive and look at, the other a 147 JTDm 16v in black with black leather trim, lively and economical. Both of these handled far better than anything else I have driven, the chassis design is excellent. I currently have a Giulietta diesel, it is modern, but has less character than those two, still I'd much rather have it than the Golf equivalent. Those I have liked least were a Vauxhall Vectra, which I found to be an unreliable pile of junk, a new hired Ford Orion and a Perodua Nippa "courtesy car".

9. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Of the cars that I have owned the Renault 5 GT Turbo was probably my favourite in terms of the fun value. My current car, the Range Rover Evoque is great in terms of luxury and is very nice to drive, it is quick etc but not what I would call fun although I am very pleased with it.

I came very close to buying a US imported Mustang a few years back but the fuel costs put me off considering the distance I used to travel to work. I keep thinking of getting the UK version, but again the economy of the things puts me off. I would love one though.

If money were no object then it would have to be an Aston.

gray1720 likes this.
  10. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I'm pretty happy with my Skoda Fabia at the minute. I don't really have a fantasy car at the minute.

11. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I am old and if I re-arranged my finances and property I could afford an awful lot of cars (not including the various supercars) but the fact that I am on my second Nissan Note will tell you a lot about my preferences

12. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

In this day and age with traffic the way it is a car is both just an extension of an individual personality and a set of seats to enable the user to get from A to B.

My relative, Freddie Frances, last film as Directory of Photography was a David Lynch film 'The Straight Story', which was about a man who went off to meet his estranged Brother on a wreck of a sit-on lawn mower enduring a 240 mile journey. Now that's is a road vehicle.

13. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I had a very late 5 wih 1.4L under the bonnet, just the common or garden model, and that went like stink if I pedalled a little, so the GT Turbo must have been a pocket rocket!

These have always got me moist: http://www.morganmuseum.org.uk/pictures-and-videos.html

Adrian

14. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

My car history is littered with cheap runabouts, that suited the family needs at the time. With our youngest about to finish his masters and all three finished in education and sorted for employment it's time for me and Mrs B to treat ourselves. I don't have a fantasy car, but loved the BMW 3 series I had, so finances allowing we'll probably end up with something Bavarian. Mrs B would prefer a 1 series and to be honest I quite like the look of the 1 series saloon.

15. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Bought a Berlingo new in 02, it went the way of all metal yesterday.
    The mechanic who looks after my partner's cars also buys things from auction, at the moment he is on the look-out for a Yeti 4x4 for me. Tows 2.1 tonnes, not bad for something the size of a hatchback. And what we need for madam's farm.

S

16. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

mediaman, Mark101 and daft_biker like this.
  17. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

I haven't owned a car for getting on for 40 years now and, to be honest, I don't need one. Public transport is good here and in any case I walk a lot.

Lynn

18. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

A lady I know just sold her recently deceased husband's Yeti 4x4 to a dealer after being unable to sell it privately.....it was bought for towing their horsebox so they appreciated it's towing capacity too. Wasn't even a trade-in.....just sold to a dealer for probably too cheap and I'm sure she would have much preferred to see it go to a good home.

Oh well.....hope you find a good one:)

steveandthedogs likes this.
  19. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to hear that Steve - while it's like driving a battleship (hence why mine is called "The Dreadnought", it really is a superb crap hauler, though it is embarassing when you finally come up against something that won't fit, and you didn't measure because nothing before has ever failed to fit...

Adrian

steveandthedogs likes this.
  20. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, I don't understand, "doesn't fit"?
    The universe fits in the back of one.

And a tow-bar for the bits left over...

S