1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

where to buy a {uv} filter

Discussion in 'Help Team' started by pachinkofan, Sep 9, 2010.

1. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

Hi, just got a new camera, and am looking for a 55mm uv filter, and was wondering if people had a suggestion as to who to buy from, be it an ebay seller [not based in HK, as I see from all the Portsmouth locations] or online store, as I've not even got a Jessops close to hand let alone an indy. Granted I'd ideally like a hood as well etc, but I'll start with the screw in UV and go from there.

Thanks in advance,

2. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

For an online store for filters - and plenty more besides - you can't really go wrong with 7dayshop.com.

Alternatively I've recently used another place for the first time and been impresed with their range of goods, their prices and their speed of delivery, and this is a place that has a two or three page ad in AP most weeks called Premier Ink, at www.premier-ink.co.uk, although they also take mail order.

For filters, prices vary greatly wherever you buy, from the cheap (like Hama or 7dayshop own brand) to the expensive (B+W). Personally I don't use filters as much as others maybe do so I tend to rein in my spending and find the Kood range a good mid-price choice. Contrary to what you may be told, they ARE coated and therefore of sound optical quality. Premier Ink carry a good range, including UV in 55mm at £6.99.

3. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

And they also have a physical shop/showroom, FWIW. I've bought a fair bit from them over the last year - filters, paper, a new monopod, a tripod head - well worth a look.

4. pachinkofan

Cheers, will have a look later.

5. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

IIRC, Premierink also stock some hoods. Again, IIRC, prices are slightly higher than 7days' but delivery times are shorter.

6. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Yup, that's the other thing I've bought several of from them. ;)

7. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

8. pachinkofan

Cheers, ordered from them, despite the p&p charge ;)

9. pachinkofan

Came today, [after I'd already been out for a wander with the camera] and look good, so thanks again for the PI suggestion.