1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

When it's raining - get wet

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by EightBitTony, Jun 27, 2017.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

2. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Some crackers there Tony.

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. EightBitTony

Thanks, I figure people are more interesting when the weather is adverse, with the best being rapid changes in weather. Luckily this is the Exhibition lounge, so no one can moan at me about not using wide angle lenses ;)

peterba likes this.
  4. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I went into Manchester today, where surprise, surprise it was raining. Armed with my daughters Panasonic GX80 (as I think i'm going to buy one too) and just the 8mm lens intending to take rainy people pictures like yours. I have never been so uninspired in my life. Didn't take one shot. Had lunch then came home. I hate it when that (all too frequently) happens.

peterba likes this.
  5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Just to be a bit boring, Manchester is actually third in the list for days containing rain. And only eighth for the amount of rain.

;)

peterba likes this.
  6. EightBitTony

Yeh I've had plenty of those. Sometimes my own self confidence gets in the way, sometimes I question the entire point of my own photography and that stops me, sometimes I'm up for it and everyone around me insists on being boring. I win enough times that it keeps me going back.

7. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

The GX80 looks like a fun camera - I'd be interested to hear how you get on with it.

As for not taking any shots on a photo-expedition - I guess we've all been there, and it can be pretty dispiriting... :( Worse, for me, was when I went out for a day photographing wildlife some years ago - I took somewhere in the region of 300-350 shots. When I reviewed them on the computer, I deleted ALL of them. There wasn't a single decent shot. :(

In my defence (to some extent), the light was very poor, but one would normally hope to get a couple of 'lucky' ones, against the odds... but, no - not a single one. :confused:o_O

8. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Love that last one. There's no way my pooch would sit in the rain like that.

9. EightBitTony

To be fair, I think the dog is bored, rather than compliant :)

10. dream_police

As I say, the GX80 is my daughters, she really likes it. I have an Olympus PEN E pl7, but I have lost the electronic viewfinder for it. A replacement is expensive and I hate cameras only with a screen. It is cheaper for me to sell it, and buy a 2nd hand GX80 than it is to buy a replacement EVF, and I have MFT lenses already, so makes sense.

11. peterba

Isn't that just bloody annoying... :(

12. dream_police

Thing is, I have no idea where it is and I do not believe I lost it outside, although I cannot be sure. My wife has a habit of "putting things away" if things are left unattended for a nano second. She insists she hasn't. I have searched high and low and looked in all the "putting away" places to no avail. I have no doubt that when I sell it it will turn up straight away.

peterba likes this.
  13. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

Nice shots, especially the first. You should have got after him. There was definitely more shots to come running in them shoes in that weather!:eek:

14. peterba

You too, huh...? :rolleyes:

dream_police likes this.
  15. EightBitTony

Oh I tracked him for quite some time, across the road and into that position. He refused to fall over, miserable bugger.

16. Craig20264

I lost a lens cap over the weekend. I hadn't gone more than 10 feet away from our caravan, so knew I hadn't really lost it. It turned up when we got home, at the bottom of the clothes washing bin! :rolleyes:

17. dream_police

Did you blame your wife though? (assuming you have a wife of course)

18. Craig20264

Yes, but only under my breath. I blamed her for something in 2001 and I've never forgotten that look! Still haunts me to this day. :eek:

EightBitTony and dream_police like this.
  19. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Yes, I had one like that...

S

20. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I lost one last week and ordered up another from Amazon at a stiff price. Then collected my car from the garage and it was on the seat. :(

EightBitTony likes this.