1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

When did you last buy a new fim camera?

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by AJUK, Jun 23, 2006.

1. radim

radim Well-Known Member

Today! Nikon F80 from warehouseexpress, unbelievable bargain just over hundred pounds :)

2. sillyconguru

sillyconguru Well-Known Member

I bought a Nikon F80 (black body) & 28-80mm lens from Warehouse Express about 4 months ago for £150, I also bought a Nikon EM (circa 1981 going by the serial number) from ebay a couple of weeks ago for the princely sum of £10 :D

3. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Kodak Retina IIIc in near mint condition from Rock Cameras at Milton Keynes market a few months ago. Wanted one since I handled one in the late '50s!
    Contax 167M & f1.7 Planar from Jessops when they were getting shot of s/h items, about 5 months ago. (Not as reliable as I'd hoped!!)

EOS30V just over a year ago. Super combo of features. Slide exposure spot on, straight out of the shop (unlike my EOS3 - GRRRR!). Full frame view led to me shelling out for my EOS 5D a short time later, so it was a very expensive buy!

And then there's the sheet film 5x4 monorail, last March.

The disease is getting worse, more addictive, and I've run out of storage space.

4. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

Oops! Message to self - Remember to read all the words in the thread title!

My last NEW film camera was the EOS3 purchased about 6 years ago, and it should never have left the factory in the state sold to me. It suffered from under-exposure (fixable via the controls) and a hunger for 2CR5 batteries - fixed by Canon when I moved to digital 3 years ago. (They also fixed the exposure problem as well, and it's now a great camera - pity I don't use it anymore.)

5. Col. Hogan

Col. Hogan Well-Known Member

Back in May 2006. I've been using it quite a bit lately too. :D

6. Pupus

Pupus Well-Known Member

F80 me too...from warehouse express of course... maybe two months ago...very happy with it :)

7. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

Well... I haven't bought it BUT I'm pretty sure Santa's got me a.....

Science Museum Pinhole kit! (35mm)

If I get any sort of results, I might then treat myself to a Nikon BF-1a and some tubes.