1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

When all this is over

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Mark101, Oct 16, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Once Covid 19 no longer poses a threat, (if ever :eek:) perhaps we could make a real effort that as many of us as possible arrange to meet up for a day of chat, photography, and reminiscing of the lost year or so, perhaps even make a weekend of it.

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

If that doesn't sound like an idea, I don't know what does!

3. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

If we ever get to that point, great idea.

4. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan. In my experience of trying to organise Web-forum meets planning should start now as it will take 12 months of negotiations to get people to agree on a location.

5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Michel Barnier and BoJo are good negotiators...

6. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

And another twelve to agree a time and date... :rolleyes:

7. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

You think this may only last a year or so ???

8. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Well if we all get tired of life under Covid 19 we could turn the Forum into a suicide cult and meet up regardless, preferably somewhere nice and stuffy indoors. It would be a new take on Russian Roulette. :eek::eek::eek:

9. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Or date. Last discussion I remember was for a [repeat] Kew Gardens meet-up, before then I can’t remember any meet locations, only that meets did happen.

10. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Sounds like a plan.

Oxford again???

11. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Well, I wouldn't say "no" to that one!

12. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Sounds like a good idea. I’d be up for it.

13. IvorETower

As I have said before, Oxford is not much of an issue for me, fairly cheap rail journey to get there although it does involve at least one change of trains

14. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I’d just be happy to get away somewhere!

15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

So long as there are doors and windows to photograph, right?

16. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

How about setting a date for next June, preferably a weekend, Oxford is fairly central but not so much for our Scottish members. Or 2021 if we are being really negative. We could even invite Nigel Atherton.

17. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Next year is 2021..did you mean 2022

18. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I think we should scrap this year and start 2020 again on Jan 1st, so Steve’s right :)

daft_biker and spinno like this.
  19. IvorETower

^
    No thanks, I don't want to have to re-live 2020. It's certainly a year best forgotten as far as I am concerned (up to now at any rate)

20. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

How about somewhere photogenic half way up the country with good train services? York perhaps?