1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's gone wrong here?

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by gray1720, Sep 19, 2019.

1. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

My prints have just arrived back from Peak Imaging, and I have two frames with white spots on the negs - I've attached a scan for details. Both similar spots, the second neg less so, and similar pattern in the same sort of place on the frame.

I can only think that somehow light has got into the back of the camera, and gone through some of the spots on the backing paper. Anyone got a 120 Portra backing paper to hand to compare with? I know that the numbers are a bar steward to see througfh the red windows (camera is a Moskva 4), I wonder if it's a reflection of light that's got in round the window, but other views welcomed!

Weird001ed.jpg

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Same position on both negs? Adjacent frames? Where on film? I guess you suspect the frame count window because the positive is red ? Got a lot of dirt on the neg there too.

3. gray1720

It's adjacent frames - though shot months apart - and that's the full frame of the neg. Although the dots are on the same alignment, it's a different pattern of dots on the other neg, which is bizarre.

Light leaks through the front of the camera are usually white IIRC, red through the back as they have to go through the film base.

I think the dirt is my filthy scanner. Or my mind...

Adrian

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Wierd. I had assumed Peak Imaging had done the D&P. If it is just 2 frames on one film it suggests a film fault to me.

5. gray1720

Ah, sorry, no, I scanned the neg as Peak, bless 'em, Photoshopped them off the prints!

If I look at the negs with a loupe, there are some weird blobby things in the spots, you might have a point. I hope the rest of the pack is OK...

Adrian