1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What you listening to.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AJUK, Nov 15, 2005.

1. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

The proms on't telly, followed by Yo Yo Ma Inspired by Bach disc 1 followed by Micheal Mara High Sobriety inc. "Hermless".
    I enjoyed them all greatly though I do rather think that th 6,000 (or did I mis hear) pipe RAH organ might just be - magnificant... but stupid?

2. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I thought it was nine thousand nine hundred and ninety nine pipes!

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Mixed set wasn't it. Happened to be on the radio, I hadn't known in advance. Didn't enjoy all of it but overall a pleasant evening's listening.

4. WillieJ

You are correct.

ascu75 likes this.
  5. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I just remember saying to Heather what a talking point it was. Ten thousand sound like a throw away comment anything over it’s got Over ten thousand, but Nine Thousand Nine Hundred and Ninety Nine is a statement of fact and thus a talking point. Hence why we are talking about it, good call on the designer, I can’t remember his name:D just off to google that crumb of information. X Don

from google
    Henry Willis

Construction. Designed and built by Henry Willis at a cost of approximately £8,000, the Hall's Grand Organ was built in just 14 months – a swift construction considering the size of the instrument.

6. WillieJ

Makes me think of Sir Terry Pratchett and ther Librarian.

AndyTake2 and John Farrell like this.
  7. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Stravinsky on BBC TV 4. Works that we do not often hear.