1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What you listening to.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by AJUK, Nov 15, 2005.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I suppose it is, isn't that where you safely deposit the family jewels?
    I'm listening to "Fifth of Firth" (something like that anyway I can never remember) Steve Hackett with Genesis Revisited and orchestra

ascu75 and WillieJ like this.
  2. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Anyone else listen to podcasts? I keep trying to but do a couple of them and then forget who it was and then try another. :oops: Don

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I don't. Spoken word content is of no interest to me; I need visuals to go along with it otherwise I can't give it any attention.

ascu75 likes this.
  4. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I am in bed and got Alexa to play radio four so I could listen to the news. Big mistake!! The only thing not Covid related was that Iceland employees are not working when the football is on and that their office staff don’t have to go into work until lunchtime on Monday :eek: Also the beer producers are expected to sell more beer. Who would have thought it? I was shocked, people drinking alcohol and watching football has become radio four headline news. Needless to say I turned Alexa off after all there is only so much stupidity my brain can and I need to get Heather to apply a cold poultice to cool down my over worked brain o_Oo_O Don

5. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Very broad minded of Heather not to mind you going to bed with Alexa.;)

6. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Yesterday (IIRC) the R4 news headlines included an item saying something along the lines of "The England captain, Harry Kane, has said that if England were to win the Final, it would be a great achievement." o_O Wow - what a revelation. Definitely newsworthy. :rolleyes:

7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Ah, but (stereotype alert), can he spell achievement?

peterba likes this.
  8. peterba

/even worse stereotype alert/ Possibly not - but he did manage to say it! :D

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

To be fair they have social media staff to take care of complicated output like that.

peterba likes this.
  10. peterba

Ouch!

11. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Right now some weird trippy arsed stuff on the computer, as the soundcard has screwed up the front headphone connector.
    I haven't a clue what has actually gone on - it's as if it is putting the stereo signals out of sync.
    Tried uninstalling all the drivers and downloading the Realtek ones instead of the damn stuff Microshite likes to force on us.
    The rear soundcard output for headphones is fine, but it's a bugger for my headphones as their lead is fairly short.
    I will see if I can dig out my USB soundcard and try that for a while.:mad:

12. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Good luck sorting it out :eek: my days of messing like that are long gone. I can’t move outta the wheelchair so have to give a lot of stuff over to others to fix o_O still I’m not moaning just stating the fact. Outside I can hear the Gulls swarking and the pigeons cooing. Downstairs Heather is messing in the kitchen making a cuppa. XX Don

John Farrell and Catriona like this.
  13. AndyTake2

Thanks Don.
    It is one of the worst things to see that one is unable to do the things one previously thought everyday (even if they were still a PITA), and although my neck etc are eroding what I can do, when I see posts from someone fighting MS it does put things in perspective.
    With regards to the birds outside, do you have any external cameras with which you could watch them? IP based cameras, including steerable ones are a lot more affordable, and if you could get someone to stick them up with a plate or some epoxy it would just need a power supply and (if not wifi) a data cable. Not sure what the volunteer sector is like where you are, but you may be able to get someone in to do the work.

peterba and ascu75 like this.
  14. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Usually the radio, Absolute Rock or Planet Rock for ‘easy listening’ background music.
    Occasionally BBC Radio Stoke or Signal Radio for a bit more culture (although we are talking Stokie here…) :D:D

15. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Thanks ! I can see the birds from our back room window. I have feeders that attracts a good few species and I enjoy their antics. I can’t get into the garden as we have stairs down to the garden. Heather is my reluctant gardener, I buy all sorts of flowers and she plants them for me. I tell people that I am the brains behind the garden and that she is the brawn :D . I aim to get a trailcam for the garden to see what occurs when we are asleep Don

16. AndyTake2

Managed to sort out sounds on PC.
    Uninstall etc etc, then physically disconnect front port, reboot and reattach, let it fight about who was going to control it, do it all again and disabled a few settings.

Now where's my diazepam? :confused:

ascu75 likes this.
  17. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

I have always found changing the sound output on a PC - and then changing it back - to be a complete PITA particularly since I do it so seldom that I forget the completely un-intuitive procedures between attempts. Microsoft could learn something from Android in this respect though having more than one music playing app. on Android that outputs to an external DAC can complicate matters - until you delete the one which wastes lots of boot up time rendering album art for everything on your phone in ultra low res.:)

18. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

The fan beside me. It’s baking in here tonight ;)

19. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Just finished listening to The First Night of the Proms https://www.bbc.co.uk/events/edhcd4 jolly good it was too! I would not normally watch it but after so little live musical events even classical music appealed to me and I found it both moving and interesting :eek::rolleyes: plus being drugged up on morphine helped me Don

spinno and Zou like this.
  20. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

The wife on the phone to her sister.
    Up to forty minutes now.........