1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

What to buy for £6 on Amazon

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by pachinkofan, Sep 29, 2010.

1. pachinkofan

pachinkofan Well-Known Member

Ok, well, I've just received a £6 voucher for Amazon, and am looking to splurge it on photography related stuff.
    Just got an A290 and probably looking to link it to that [lenspen I have] but I was wondering if anyone has a suggestion.
    I've put this in the lounge, as I'm open to all suggestions, consider it a small lottery win I want to spend ;)

Granted it'd need to be delivered for 6 quid, but I'm just looking for ideas.

Cheers

2. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Six quid? Are you pulling our tentacles by any chance?

3. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Could you not put a bit of extra cash to it and get a memory card or something similar?

4. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

5. pachinkofan

no ;) it was a voucher site promo that gave you a £6 amazon voucher for a £1 admin fee.

As for the extra cash, well, maybe I'll hang back til I'm back in a job again, as the voucher's ok for a year. Was just looking to impulse buy was all :)

6. Jacqui Jay

Jacqui Jay Grasshopper's Sage

Buy a book, Garry, if it's over £5 the postage is free.

7. TimF

TimF With as stony a stare as ever Lord Reith could hav

I think if it's any price now the postage is free.

How about a great slab of British rock from a legend.

8. AlecM

AlecM MiniMe

MP3 Downloads - you can listen to them whilst you edit photos, then they are photography related!
    :D

9. pachinkofan

Well, I splashed out on 2 sdhc card usb readers, and a pair of in the ear headphones. The other £1.18 I'll keep for a rainy day.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll keep them in mind for next time :)

10. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

I got a set of dumb (no electrical connections) extension tubes for about that amount from Amazon recently

11. Mikerocks

Mikerocks Well-Known Member

I have just spent a little bit more than that (25 pence more!) on buying a secondhand copy of Joel Myerowitz's book Bay/Sky. It's inspirational stuff - beautiful photos of almost nothing. Worth every penny!

Mike

12. pachinkofan

Well, I've 30p left after buying a cd on a whim for 88p [was on hotukdeals]

[​IMG]

Off to have a look to see what I can buy ;)