1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What is it with Paint?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by LesleySM, May 9, 2021.

1. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

The reverse can also apply. The Bell's is a rather vivid shade of orange, indeed there are probably people who drink in there and call it "the orange pub" and don't know what it's really called.

Done by a previous landlord whose only defence was "It looked better in the tin"

2. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

Apparently, Ronnie C had a holiday home just a few doors away and Ronnie B saw the shop on a visit to him.

3. Petrochemist

Petrochemist Well-Known Member

The colour in many pubs has been altered over the years by build of nicotine stains. I remember a few I've visited where they made this obvious by removing some old pictures - I'm not sure if I actually stayed in any of these for long enough to get served!

4. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

Just thinking about your original question, can you use vinyl wall paint? It very easy to work with and can be tinted to more or less any colour imaginable.
    Put a coat of mat white as a base then two coats of half mat in the colour of choice. Then a glossy wood paint for the windows, doors and so on if needed.

LesleySM likes this.