1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Why does one town have two football clubs?

2. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

If you mean Manchester then they have a great deal more than two football clubs.

3. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

I am starting to feel sorry for Mancunians.:(

Zou likes this.
  4. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Yes. I suppose so. I should have said two clubs that even soccer ignoramuses like me have heard of.

5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I wrote that before I knew that several City supporting scumbags attacked a Villa player at the close of the game. :mad:

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Indeed.

Come to think of it, wasn't one of them described as "cat like" in one story?

WillieJ likes this.
  7. WillieJ

I don't remember that but it has been a while since I have read any of them. Shame he and I went to different Unis or we would probably have run into each other in Union bars.

8. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

It must be a northwest of England thing. Everton fans against Viera (bit off more than he could chew, that one), Port Vale fans against Swindon Town players...

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I think it'd be hilarious if the FA deducted points from clubs who failed to ensure player/staff safety, relegating Everton and making Liverpool champs.

10. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

HM Revenue & Customs

Apparently they made an error back in 2014 and have now decided 8 years later they want just over £1,000 from me

11. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I'm not a football fan, nor a fan of the whole culture of football fans, so I am biased, but we went into Manchester by train on Saturday afternoon. A local train service that takes 30 mins. It was full of City fans. It was horrible. We then got into the city and was full of football shirt wearing idiots. It wasn't cold, but the fans must have been as a lot had to wear scarves to keep themselves warm, bless them. Most were chanting their silly songs (not that the words were understandable) and quite clearly drunk. I really didn't like it. In the evening after the gig, they were still out there, mumbling their songs, urinating in the street and just generally wasting oxygen.

Zou likes this.
  12. WillieJ

Two faced gits, they have a significantly shorter time limit whereby they will consider whether we have overpaid tax.

Derek W likes this.
  13. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

I might agree were it not for the fact that HMRC don't make the rules, at least not entirely, one would need to look at the legislation to determine who decided the time limits. Thought I do agree that they should be the same for both sides.

Derek W likes this.
  14. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Work. No, not generally, a specific episode.

I've been sent on a training course which, it turns out, covers the international shipping of dangerous material not my thing at all). I've no written information beforehand at all, no indication that there is a formal exam, I've not been told what I'd be shipping or why, and it turns out that the training course has homework on the day I drove in because I desperately need to spend time on the allotment rather than on the bus (and have stuff I'd rather not carry on my bike). That one, at least, is easily solvable - I'll do that at work early tomorrow morning, and POETS on Friday.

It's a pretty spectacular failure of communication if you ask me, and I'm pretty cheesed off. I'd have done it if I'd been asked, but now I feel taken for granted and treated like a mushroom.

15. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Ohhh IMCO Class 1 , they will have you building explosives magazines next. One of my first jobs on leaving school with a shipping company was to update the IMCO book on hazardous materials, which was endless Zzzzz zzzzzz

16. WillieJ

So you have not yet heard of your transfer to the Anthrax For Export department.;)

17. retrofit

retrofit Well-Known Member

How life is seemingly getting more complicated.

18. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

That's because of all the gadgets we've created to make our lives easier... :p

John Farrell and retrofit like this.
  19. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Strange how many who complain they have little spare time actually use that spare time staring at the phone screen….. :)

Zou and Footloose like this.
  20. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member