1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome to the Amateur Photographer magazine online community.

Why not create an account and take advantage of this free resource.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

That’s terrible… so sorry

2. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that, Andy.

3. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I''m very sorry to hear that.

4. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that Andy.

5. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Thanks folks. He was 42 and just went for a lie down because his back was sore. Hopefully the post mortem will provide some answers.

6. dream_police

I had a friend like that a few years go, similar age too. His young daughter was poorly in the night, so she came into their bed and he went into the daughters bed and the young girl found him dead in her bed when she got up to get ready for school. He just passed away in his sleep. IIRC it was a heart condition that he didn’t know he had. Sad

Last edited: Jan 11, 2022
    daft_biker likes this.
  7. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Hotpoint home (non) delivery.

Julie ordered a new washing machine on the 20th December. We were told that delivery would be today and we received a text message yesterday evening confirming this and given a time slot of 12-3pm. I took the old machine out and dumped it in the farm scrap skip this morning and waited. Five minutes before our allocated delivery, another text arrived asking us to confirm delivery for the 13th! I then spent 2 hours on hold waiting to speak to an 'advisor'. I finally got through on instant messenger and was told that it never made it to the depot and delivery would be the 13th. He then hung up when I said 13th was no good as no one would be in. Finally someone answered my phone call who went to "check my records", put me on hold, then hung up with no further comment! Back to the instant messenger, where I was told that it would have to be the 13th. Okay, but it'll have to be between 8am-9am as we wouldn't be in. "We can't do that" despite it being their cock-up. Reluctantly I agreed only to be told that there are no machines available! What about the one I ordered back in December that they were going to be delivered? He then hung up on me after I asked whether it had been broken, stolen, or given to the wrong customer. I'm still none the wiser when, or indeed whether, were getting our new washing machine, but it's in the hands of the retailers now. Suffice to say I have the e-mail address for the CEO of the hotpoint parent company and he'll be getting my thoughts on his company's customer service standards.

Simon Leung likes this.
  8. dream_police

Who did you attempt to buy it from?

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

AAA perhaps? Sounds like what nearly got my father in law. Lower back pain was caused by the aneurism which ruptured. At the time I saw a stat that 97% don't survive.

daft_biker likes this.
  10. Simon Leung

Simon Leung Well-Known Member

My condolences, Andrew.

11. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Thank Simon. We had been friends since we were 6 years old and we last spoke last weekend when I was trying to get him out to the pub. I hope his family agree to me keeping his bike to ride around trails we used ride together.

Simon Leung likes this.
  12. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Disgraceful service but I doubt you will get anywhere with the CEO. If you bought from Curry’s good luck on getting any help.

Simon Leung likes this.
  13. Simon Leung

Simon Leung Well-Known Member

If politicians who cannot be honest, they may as well be Used Car Salesman.

14. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

At least you can get a second option on a used car…

Simon Leung likes this.
  15. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

...and if a car's completely useless, you can take it to the scrapyard.

Simon Leung and dangie like this.
  16. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Or you can shop around until you find a used car salesman you can trust (?)
    With a politician you’re stuck with what you’ve got…. :(

Zou and Simon Leung like this.
  17. Catriona

And I believe we have no constitutional requirement for there even to be regular elections. What a democratic system we have. :(

Andrew Flannigan and Simon Leung like this.
  18. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Vote Swiss Toni!

what-a-character-why-swiss-toni-from-the-fast-show-is-a-tv-great.jpg

Simon Leung likes this.
  19. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who thiks the Tory Party has been holding back the story about the Chinese woman infiltrating Westminster till Bozo is under extreme pressure? Should it have not made it public as soon as it became aware of it.

steveandthedogs and Catriona like this.
  20. Catriona

Bloomin game of tennis!

Simon Leung and WillieJ like this.