1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Don't really know where this belongs. Maybe in I don't believe it!
    Notice for the masochists on the Islands. Not me.
    quote:
    A Day of Humiliation and Prayer is to be held on Saturday... (Free Church Continuing)

Starting with battling a gale maybe?

Zou likes this.
  2. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Freudian slip for "Humility" perchance.
    When a friend worked in Community Education some decades ago her secretary had a slip of the keyboard which resulted in an advert being placed in the Edinburgh Evening News for "Genital excercise classes for the over fifties".

3. Catriona

:D:eek:
    Freudian indeed! Humiliation at every sermon!

Zou likes this.
  4. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

For the congregation. Self importance for the Meenister.

Zou and Catriona like this.
  5. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I emailed someone once to suggest that perhaps they weren't trying to recruit an Acocunt Manager...

Learning, AndyTake2, spinno and 2 others like this.
  6. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

They do those here as well (or so Ive heard)

Learning, Catriona and WillieJ like this.
  7. Catriona

Isn't it wonderful. My Health Board has at last acknowledged there are people who cannot be given the vaccine on safety grounds. However, they are telling us that the vaccine centre cannot issue an exemption certificate. They might be able to refer us - to where, God knows. I am angry.

8. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

If you phone 0808 196 8565 (Scotland only) and explain your situation they should be able to help re vaccine exemption letter.

Catriona likes this.
  9. Catriona

Thank you!

10. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

Good luck

11. Catriona

Two weeks and sstill no results from my blood test. My neighbour has now waited three weeks. Last two times she rang, it was still with the doctor. Hmm.

12. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Looking for a Nikon BF-3B front cap for a teleconverter I visited a well known camera store's* web site. They have stock of the BF-1B, not what I searched for but £9 RRP £14 save £5... OK so what does the Nikon Store want £7.99! Nikon Store want the same price for what I really wanted.

I accept that both will add shipping but to claim a £5 saving when you are actually charging over what the manufacturers will sell it for is a bit much. As I need a rubber grip for the zoom ring on an AF-S 70-200 2.8 I'll get it from Nikon.

*No, not Grays

13. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Reminds me of a course I organised back when I worked in sexual health on the subject of dyspareunia. It was such a success we had to change venues for somewhere bigger to get all the delegates in. Bigger in this case was the Hilton at Paddington, morning of the course on my way in I went to the original venue to make sure there were no stray delegates and the reception desk knew where to direct people, so as I go into the original venue I see 2 women walk up to the desk and loudly ask "Is this where we come for hot, cold and painful sex?"
    And receptionist replying "No you get that at the Hilton"

gray1720, WillieJ, Zou and 1 other person like this.
  14. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I feel your pain but my results came back in less than a week, wished they hadn’t.

The country is going to pots.

Catriona likes this.
  15. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Tourist on tv news...why have they stopped flights so quickly? Why can't they wait to see what happens?

16. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

Absolutely right - should've waited. "Why put that chip-pan fire out? Why not wait and see what happens?"

WillieJ, peterba and Zou like this.
  17. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

After all, what's the worst that could happen?

18. SqueamishOssifrage

SqueamishOssifrage Well-Known Member

... or, to quote Mr. Clarkson, "What could possibly go wrong?"

I have to say it all seems a bit like Jaws II at the moment "Just when you thought It was safe to go back in the water" - or, perhaps more appropriate, the AIDS epidemic coming right after Herpes "Just when you thought it was safe to get back into bed".

19. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

I read on the BBC website about a woman wanting to visit the UK from South Africa accusing the government of “a knee jerk reaction”.
    It’s a shame Boris didn’t have a similar reaction back in 2020.

steveandthedogs and peterba like this.
  20. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

It seems that a friend of my grandson named his hamster "Borris Braindead" on account of the animal's inability to get through the day without some form of disaster. :p