1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Learning likes this.
  2. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Years since I've had Icelandic beer. Einstok I think.

gray1720 likes this.
  3. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Good business. Get folks to panic buy booze 4 weeks before Christmas. Drink it through lack of self discipline, and then they will buy again for Christmas, and then again for the New Year.
    Me cynical? No. Its just business ain't it.

daft_biker likes this.
  4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Just seen another notice from my dear Health Board.
    In essence, don't use the Emergency Department unless you are dead.
    Operations cancelled, normal (?) services not available etc etc etc.
    It's a grand life so long as you don't weaken.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
    AndyTake2 likes this.
  5. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

No. It's business.

"Good" business it ain't.

6. peterba

I trust everyone is enjoying Thatcher's Britain? o_O :(

7. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

It's going to get worse.

Have you seen the reports about the Health and Care Bill the Tory party just forced through a first [?] reading?
    Just hope the Lords send it back with a "See me" note attached. Still at least a few of the back-benchers rebelled.

S

peterba, Zou and Catriona like this.
  8. Learning

Red seat back-benches rebelled. They know that their seats have not been given; they are loaned.

9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

I prefer their cider.

DaveM399 and peterba like this.
  10. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

We've had two years of precious little health care here. It's an utter disgrace. Yes, the Bill will go through, even though the lords send it back with proposed amendments. We are screwed (into our boxes).

steveandthedogs likes this.
  11. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Time to organise a mob?

[​IMG]

Catriona likes this.
  12. peterba

I agree - it doesn't have that bitter after-taste.

Zou likes this.
  13. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Funnily enough, finished one about half an hour ago.

Zou likes this.
  14. Learning

Oh Gawd. Zou San, what are you writing. If you are going to drink factory made cider then at least drink cider made from cider apples. Weston's.
    Not the second press stuff( often sold in pubs; you could drink half a pint and maybe drive home), but their their best ciders. Not posh, not exclusive, available in all supermarkets with a decent multibuy deal. To my taste better than fizzy wine with duck, pork and even Christmas goose.

15. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

It was a word joke - Thatcher's Britain/Thatcher's cider. Which doesn't mean I enjoy Thatcher's cider, just that (even) that is preferable to Thatcher's Britain. Thistly Cross is my favourite but Weston's vintage is an acceptable alternative.

[/explainer]

16. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Any MP with any sense of decency or morals would have voted against it.

S

17. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

No wonder it fell then.

18. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

He believes me I showed him all the emails that I have sent and all their replies

I am now just completely sick of the whole business. I came in about 5 and I still can't take my coat off. I am off sick , which has caused me a lot of trouble at work and I can't help but think but for the lack of heating it would have just been a bit of a cold for a few days instead of which it's turned into a chest infection. And it is so damp in here, I can't dry clothes properly and even after they have dried they still smell musty (and yes some nasty comments have been made at work) even when I moved the draft excluder on the way out, it was damp.
    They're coming Friday to adjust the water pressure and assuming they do then I will still have to wait for the engineers to come back and repressurise the boiler. So no end in sight there

19. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

The BloJo government is making a cracking job of killing the NHS. Herr Thatcher would have been so proud of him.
    Mum has been re-admitted to hospital. She spent more than 12 hours in A&E waiting for a bed. Suspected lung scarring due to Covid related pneumonia.
    Poor nurses must be tearing their hair out.

..Here's an idea.

You know that they are introducing 'wellness' rooms for nurses - somewhere for them to chill or vent?
    Well, punchbags for them to take out their frustration would be a good start.
    Smashing plates would be another.
    Or we could perhaps chuck a few deserving pigs-at-the-trough politicians in there and save on the punchbags?
    I would hasten to add that as nurses and doctors they are fully aware of the most sensitive areas to punch and kick, and these areas should be pointed out to them just to ensure that they...err miss them?:eek:

20. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

"The NHS is (un)safe in our hands" ...Conservative Party Claim