1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What grinds your gears?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by retrofit, Nov 20, 2016.

1. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

peterba likes this.
  2. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Missed a few 'n's pal. Sticky keyboard?

peterba likes this.
  4. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Time to get the candles in:eek:

Catriona likes this.
  5. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Will four be enough?

AndyTake2, WillieJ and Catriona like this.
  6. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I changed to Octopus earlier this year. I hope they are going to be OK. My daughter moved into her flat mid August. Kept on with Bulb, who were the supplier for the previous tenant. They are in trouble. At least, if they do go under, she managed to get a new meter installed last week changing her from economy 7 to a standard meter.

Catriona likes this.
  7. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Just listened to the government minister carefully. He said no shortages "this winter." That means it will be still autumn when the lights go out. :eek:

8. peterba

Nah....... typing on the ******* phone. Bloody rubbish. :(

9. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

They are not small company so should be OK if they have hedged. I hope so as the are our suppliers for gas and electricity.

10. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Do you really think that I am the sort of chap to buy a smaller pan when a bigger one is less expensive?
    Nice to know, I will look for further advice. These details matter.
    I have quite a few quid on my co-op card. If I want a small purchase then I just take it off my co-op card. It prevents the wankers getting their cut from a minor purchase.

11. Learning

She had Asda in West Bridgeford:). Perhaps not her scene. She has clearly inherited good taste from her parents. I nearly said "from her Dad" but thought better of it. (but the thought lingered).
    The Lenton shops which I suspect another of our members is also acquainted with have good stuff at good prices but they do tend to slightly exploit a customer with a pale face.
    If she wants decent bacon, without going out in the South Notts villages, then Asda's premium range has to be considered. Morrisons bacon (out on the ring road, is a disgrace). I have even got away with stating that on a forum on Morrison's own website on at least three occasions.

12. dream_police

She actually lived within walking distance of Co-op and that's why she used that.

13. dream_police

I doubt that. She is vegan. I don't get the feeling she has ever felt exploited in their shops at all. Other than last year when she was in West Bridgford, her other 2 places were also in Lenton, although this time she is a bit further out nearer to Castle Marina.

Learning likes this.
  14. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

Lenton in Nottingham was where the rich side of my wife's family lived, in the 19th century. They were lace manufacturers.

spinno and dream_police like this.
  15. Learning

I have had candles in fr years. I live slightly in the country.
    When I moved here my initial plans for refurbishment included a wood burning stove. I now regret not implementing that.

16. dream_police

There are some big houses there and there is the big area called The Park (or similar) which I believe is still Lenton. That has some great properties. The house that she lives in, would have been grand at one time before it was converted to flats.

spinno and John Farrell like this.
  17. Learning

Sorry. I had forgotten about her veganism. I suspect that she would hate Keyworth. We are not exactly cosmopolitan, but do have a number of valued minority traders and a Sikh physics teacher in our comp.

18. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Lovely old houses in the park, many designed by Watson Fothergill. I used to live in Radford about a stone and a half throw from Lenton.
    Many changes in 40 years since I last lived there.

19. peterba

I just oticed that you were pi**ig aroud there, @Zou - ad I missed the joke! :oops: :( ice one. Must pay more attetion. ;) :D

Zou likes this.
  20. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

N e 1 would have noticed...

Zou likes this.